How to Watch Six Schizophrenic Brothers Online – Release Date, Episodes, Trailer

7 Likes

You are the best man for reporting sz news @everhopeful

2 Likes

Thanks @san_pedro

1 Like

I’m currently reading the book, “Hidden Valley Road” which is about the Galvin Family. It’s very interesting

3 Likes

I already have myself and a brother with it. Maybe if my other brother gets it we can become a famous case study.

Or maybe that’s something too scary to even joke about. I don’t think the one of my brothers who has it is ever going to beat his delusions. He went off meds almost a year ago and has been backsliding since.

When I had it early on I lived with a guardian who committed me like 10 times over 3 years. He’s living with someone who just ignores his symptoms and never gets him help. So I don’t imagine he’ll recover like I did.

I am familiar with the case you are mentioning. It’s sad for sure. I have Max so I’m gonna watch this, thanks for getting it on my radar @everhopeful

1 Like

Has anyone seen this? My heart hurts from just seeing a short about it. It’s about a family with 6 schizophrenics and the chaos that followed. It’s so sad because I relate with a lot of that happened.

1 Like

@Brim I closed your new thread and moved your post to this existing thread.

1 Like

I watched 2 episodes of that schizophrenic brothers and was bored out of my mind.

@Brim , I watched it but I don’t relate to it at all.

My husband watched it with me and he says I’m nothing like those brothers at all.

I feel like they found the most extreme and sensationalized family they could and aired it.

All that does is fuel hatred and misinformation towards people with mental illness

1 Like

Zero interest. I already spend enough time with my own SZ, no interest in spending time with someone else’s.

1 Like

Yea I just watched a short 4 minute clip not fully but it was still sad. Did they do horrible stuff? I just saw they were 6 schizos who would beat their father and throw meds.

1 Like

Oh yeah, one of them sexually assaulted their 9 year old sister multiple times and another dismembered a dog

It makes me think, if they were just bad people who got the disease, or if they were just so severely ill and untreated… it’s not a great portrayal of modern schizophrenics by any means, medicine has come a long way.

1 Like