How to taper off a beta blocker safely?

how to taper off a beta blocker safely ? is it safe?

TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR. It depends on a lot of things: what dose you’re taking, how long you’ve been on it, why you were put on it in the first place.

Rule of thumb is to go slow: expect to spend weeks or months tapering. You also can expect restlessness, anxiety, angina, and palpitations. IF YOU TAPER TOO QUICKLY, THE PALPITATIONS CAN CAUSE CARDIAC ARREST. Please do this under the guidance of a doctor!

I’m tapering atenolol right now, and it has taken me about 3 weeks to taper from 50 mg to 25 mg and then stabilize. Along the way, I had very faint angina and mild palpitations. It regulates adrenaline response, so I’ve also had low level anxiety, though that is diminishing over time.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply it is really helping me and this community and thanks for the warning my friend :slight_smile:

i take nobiten 5 mg angina half a pill right now they all end on lol but its in fact not so funny to be on

**ONLY TAPER OFF BETA BLOCKERS WITH THE GUIDANCE OF A DOCTOR **

Getting off a beta blocker on your own is downright dangerous!

I’m on a beta blocker.

3 Likes

No , you can have a stroke if you do it without guidance of a professional doctor or healthcare provider. NEVER GO OFF BETA BLOCKERS ALONE, YOU COULD SERIOUSLY DIE!!

4 Likes

i tried once cutting pill in half so 2.5 mg after 2 days i got a hyperthingie crisis never again witouth a doctor