How old are you? And

35, diagnosed at 19.

1 Like

I’m 17 and I was diagnosed at 16. It came pretty suddenly too, so I haven’t had symptoms for that long.

1 Like

LS! I am 62. I was diagnosed I think at age 38.

1 Like

Diagnosed at 37. I’m 40 now.

1 Like

Almost 55, diagnosed at 35.

1 Like

I’m 23, I was diagnosed at 15.

1 Like

36, diagnosed at 30.

1 Like

31 diagnosed age 18

1 Like

@John_Raven @Butterfly23
Woah, that’s super young!!

2 Likes

I’m 61. I was having problems at age 30, but wasn’t diagnosed until my mid 30’s. I don’t know the exact year. I didn’t worry about it back then.

1 Like

30, diagnosed at 24, 1 year after a severe head injury.

2 Likes

I’m 52. I was misdiagnosed from late teens and fell through the cracks. Correctly diagnosed around 38 years old when I had a very bad psychotic break.

1 Like

Wow. What kind of head injury if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

That’s too bad they misdiagnosed you!

1 Like

30, was hearing voices since 15, ignored by my family Dr and another Dr, suicide attempt (drs told my parents I would be dead if they brought me slightly later to the emergency from liver failure from intentional overdose and intoxication) at 20 and diagnosed with schizophrenia the same day in the emergency. Only stable since March 2020, on Risperdal 4mg.

2 Likes

Glad you finally got the help you needed (or at least hope you have) that’s not good they ignored it for so long @Aziz

1 Like

I told them I am hearing voices mocking me, they said its stress. I told them I feel I am not real and that I am not in a real world, they said its stress. I think the reason that they ignored me is because healthcare is free here in Canada. Here you need a referral from a Dr to be able to see a psychiatrist. I asked for a psychiatrist referral, they refused until I attempted suicide.

1 Like

Yeah I feel you, I’m on free healthcare too. Can’t believe they said it was just stress though shake my head @Aziz

Diagnosed at 23 and am 36 now.

Some form of ptsd after ten years of age but my parents were too drunk to recognize how screwed up I was

1 Like

I fractured my skull, had an acute subdural hematoma, fractured sinus cavity, bruised lung, broken ribs, fractured sternum. I fell off a carveboard longboard going 30mph down a big hill. I died and was revived in the hospital.

2 Likes