How many are completely normal on meds

I’m pretty ‘normal’ on my meds, but without my meds, my mind disintegrates. I become completely paranoid and delusional with zero insight.

2 Likes

I’m mostly normal but I still have negative symptoms. I can’t shave and shower and change my clothes every day anymore like I used to be able to do when I was younger.

2 Likes

Whats the definition of normal here?

I don’t know about normal, but I can kind of mask my illness fairly well. I don’t think its super obvious when people meet me.

However when Im off meds I’m an anxious wreck and I find conversation really difficult.

2 Likes

I’d cautiously say it’s my ASD rather than the schizophrenia which is the biggest barrier to my being a normal, functioning adult. Like many with ASD, but not all,my daily living skills are significantly <IQ. i wonder if that applies to those with just a sz/sz-a diagnosis.It would be interesting to know.Comments are welcomed.

1 Like

hello everyone!

my name is rain. i’m new here.

honestly, as some others have said, i don’t think i know what a general “normal” is, but i do think i’ve improved a lot with finding a pretty good med mix and a lot of work in counseling. it’s taken years though. quite a number of years which included some really difficult times/episodes along the way. i have sza bipolar type and i still have significant mood issues with some positive symptoms that come and go, most intensely when my moods are most intense. for positives, i mostly still deal w paranoia and “reality confusion.” which world is the real world, that kind of thing.

i can’t work, but my life has improved immensely over the past 3 or 4 years, and as long as i take care of myself as well as i can, i get by and stay able to do a lot of the things i’d like to do. maybe i’ll be able to work some in the future. right now, it causes instability very quickly.

4 Likes

I don’t have psychosis or negatives however my moods tend to fluctuate a bit however its been happening less so on 15mg.

2 Likes

I am not normal on or off meds but I am more normal on meds.

2 Likes

welcome, @rain_bug!

I’m as normal as can be.

Unique is normal.

Because we are all unique

Lololol…

My normal to me is probably abnormal for others. But I’m feeling much better now.

you brought this back.
wonder why you didn’t make a new post.
cuz the original poster might be gone now.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the case here, but sometimes the forum’s “suggested topics” will be a little bit older. I’ll click on those and respond without realizing it.

Either way, I don’t think this one is that old.

1 Like

yeah, it says sometime in January.
I’m not bi-t-ch-ing, just wondering.

2 Likes

It was a ‘suggested topic’

So I just assumed it was not a zombie thread

I’m not normal on meds I am a mess

oh, okay. they only show me mine at the bottom of a thread I comment on. usually they’re all locked. idk.

1 Like

do you mean in blue, on the right hand side, when it pulls up, old posts similar?
I’ve seen it.
don’t think I’ve activated one though.

1 Like

No it’s at the bottom of the page of a topic I’m reading. It says suggested topics. Then there’s suggested topics…

1 Like

My normal is strange. But a good strange. For the most part im pretty good. They really help me, i would be lost without them