How many are completely normal on meds

I hate to answer this question for everyone seems to judge everybody normal to me seems to be a mess I was never quite normal as a child I’m probably not going to be normal as an adult as we take our written before us why are adults that used to be so I can say that I am normal and you will never be I think that people judge you on your actions in your appearance and question parts of your mind so if you going to ask me I may not give you a piece of my time

1 Like

Dude, I’ve seen your cooking. You’re freaking awesome. Normal is for people who burn water.

3 Likes

Preety casual normal except disorganization

1 Like

What even is normal??

I still have PTSD issues so of course I’m not normal. I’m still scared and afraid of people.

Not even antipsychotics will help my issues. I’ve tried 10 years of therapy with no use…
I’ve basically learnt to live with my trauma. It still makes me paranoid nonetheless.

2 Likes

i’m not completely normal but a lot better on meds. i get much less symptoms and have quite a lot of days where i feel good. just once in a while i ahve a bad day suddenly and then i take some lorazepam to feel better and that works so far.

Compared to how I was on 15mg,on 2.5mg, I am near normal.

Still require a lot of effort compared to how I did before diagnosis

1 Like

It’s the first time i feel normal.
Like I have no schizophrenia at all.
These days are blessing.
But I am careful lest it comes again.

4 Likes

I’m looking to move down to 2.5 mg Olanzapine in June. I hope I can cope on such a low dose also.

My CPN says I may as well come off on such a low dose but I feel it may offer some protection.

1 Like

I have a good balance atm but there is always room for improvement.

1 Like

Its not my case unfortunately :frowning: . My pdocs say to pay efforts now, but idk if efforts help in sz. I’ll try to live with hope though, the despair about my future was a big symptom for me for decades, even long before i was diagnosed lol…
Hugs to all :slight_smile:

1 Like

chordy. the scientists said it h ad a stroke side effect in some so they stopped melaril. judy

I did/ do a lot of normal things but I was never normal even on my best day.

2 Likes

I do normal activities like work, eat, sleep, take showers and go shopping for food & clothing. However, there are still remanents of abnormal behavior in me even though I am still on medication.

3 Likes

I’m on 3 anti psychotics and still feel weird, I always doubted i have schizophrenia, but rather poisoning in my brain due to many people wanting me dead. But I still take my meds no matter what since i do have bad anxiety, but other than that im fine people look at me funny and judge me for being a sinner but i dont pay attention.

1 Like

Firstly im a weirdo mental illness or no so idk if im “normal” but symptom wise my medication doesnt necessarily eliminate my symptoms as it does lessen their severity and frequency so I can basically just ignore them. I don’t really get any side effects. Well since they upped my depakote I’ve been losing a bit more hair than normal but thats it.

I say it often, the medication has kept me out of the hospital, that’s about all I can rely on it to do.

1 Like

I am completely normal hopefully no errors further. Yes with med’s.

1 Like

Doing well on my Fanapt. Ever since I increased my dosage to the maximum recommended, I’ve been pretty normal. But I still have my moments.

1 Like

I’m not sure how normal you can be when you love horror movies, darker music, and love gothic clothing… I miss my gothic ish clothes and hair

I feel I have a lot of problems mentally and am very weird… Especially for this area… I feel I don’t fit in…

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll ever be ‘completely normal’. Last assessment I was reckoned to be in remission(with some breakthrough psychosis). Is that contradictory? I’m seen once a year.

Without the support I get maintaining independence would be much harder.

1 Like