How long have you lasted without meds?

My last experience is 4 days.

1 Like

I can’t go a day without my meds.

2 Likes

Weaned myself off over a year, went psychotic. On a new med. It’s a cycle and I’m glad i recognized after the first time off meds. Thought doctors were just trying to play with my head but meds definitely offer me clarity.

2 Likes

My pdoc wants to wean me off starting in January. We’ll see how it goes. We are going to try to reduce the celexa first. Right now it is at its max. I’m not sure what to think of it. I think it is a good experiment to try. No need to take more meds than necessary. But I am scared of the possibility that I might just start getting worse again. Depression coming back, the things that are not there, and the delusions. Well, we’ll see. I think this time I will be able to recognize the warning signs better, or my husband will.

3 Likes

6 months. Best mistake of my life.

3 Likes

hell you guys ??? take your meds…the ones that work currently might not work next time !!

4 Likes

I was put on a bunch of stuff as a kid so if we’re counting all drugs it’s only 5 years if we’re only talking anti psychotics 23 years.

Over 15 years now.

6 Likes

Actually
i cant remember exactly but i ve been ill for 8 years
last three years i was on meds till my doc decided to stop meds becoz i finished college already
but voices become wild asked me to harm myself i turned back to doc and begged him to return to meds
i stopثي it for nearly may be one month or couple of months
it was very bad experience

When I was younger I spent several years wobbling between taking the meds as prescribed and trying to come off them. Not a good idea. Now if I miss a days dose I can’t sleep and am grouchy the next day. Four days I start climbing the walls.

1 Like

I was undiagnosed and untreated w mental illness my whole life due to my parents anti-mental health field views so I didn’t get to start medication until I was 19. So nearly 2 decades. I went through so much suffering that could have been avoided. But the past is in the past now.

6 Likes

I think you will. The fact that you are a bit worried about it, to me, will make you more aware of any warning signals if they do happen. Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m pretty good without the meds. I learned to stay away from coffee as it disrupted my sleep, as long as my sleep is uninterrupted I can function. sometimes voices sometimes not. Months to years without them

7 Likes

One day.15151515

2 Likes

I’m a three-minute man.

1 Like

Two weeks. 8 years ago.

Lasted 6 months, ended up losing reality and back in hospital…don’t know if I’ll ever try to get off them again…

1 Like

3 months. I remember the day I came into work and had a full blown panic attack, I thought I was going to die. Never stop taking your meds, even if you start feeling good. Consult your doctor first.

1 Like

A couple of months

5 years when I went into remission but I relapsed 5 years ago and been on Meds ever since

1 Like