How functioning are you

I feel pretty much identical to how you describe what your level of functioning is (minus recently staying up for 2 nights straight, though this has happened frequently in my past). Fear/paranoia/anxiety is a constant in my life and leaves me in a state of flight/fight/freeze with my daily activities and interactions with others. I wish you all the best and hope things get better for you :rosette:

1 Like

I would definitely be considered high functioning, but i have to say it is a huge drain. I work 4 days per week as a nurse, but i mostly do paperwork. However, even from working just that amount of time tires me out greatly. I predict in the future that i wonā€™t be able to continue doing what iā€™m currently doing, but weā€™ll see.

Iā€™m not working, but I keep busy and help take care of my GF and cat.
I asked my GF if I was high functioning and she said ā€œHell yesā€.
So I guess I am. :flushed:

2 Likes

Iā€™d say the greatest things thatā€™ have affected my ability to do a job have been-severe social anxiety,difficulty interacting with other people, fear Iā€™m going to totally f*** up,paranoia. Anyone with SMI that can hold down a job has my respect.

1 Like

My functioning level is due to persecutory actions of others. They think itā€™s going to improve your mental health, to help sex offenders stalk you. They deliberately try to ruin my health, every chance they get. I can barely do things that will keep me alive and they constantly lie about me.

(Ahem) High functioning. Sucks, because the assumption seems to be ā€œnormalā€ (-) [minus]. With my ACT team, getting assistance is nearly impossible because, well, Iā€™m ā€œhigh etcā€. Canā€™t work coz of paranoia and the occasional breakdown, but trying to get SSI is like pulling teeth. Yeah being HF is great. Except it isnā€™t.

2 Likes

My pdoc doesnā€™t use low or hight functioning so I donā€™t know what I am? I live in a group home supported 24/7 yet can travel.

Im average functioning on an all round aspect.

Average intelligent if that. Fail at so many things everyday but never let it get me down

Im highly motivated and that will beat any single illness under the sun.

1 Like

You nailed it as usual.

2 Likes

I base my functioning on how often my pdoc wants to see me. Right now itā€™s every three months so I consider that to be reasonably well.

Still have my struggles but therapy is a great way to talk it out.

1 Like

Iā€™'m seen/video chat 1x a year. In remission with some breakthrough psychotic symptoms. That suggests ā€˜high functioningā€™? But other things-not so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.