How do you offer support to members that you don't...enjoy?

Theres only one person here I dont really care for, and that’s because I think this person does harm with some of their posts.

I would still offer support if they were in need. Mostly I just ignore their posts. That’s all you can do really.

1 Like

Some people shoot down all of my suggestions when they post that they’re feeling down. It almost feels like they don’t want to get better. I just stopped replying to their posts. Most people aren’t like that though, and I realize they still need help but I let others do it.

1 Like

I still try to offer support to those I don’t enjoy, but I’ve given up on those who never learn. When you’ve seen them faceplanting for well over a decade, time to move on.

1 Like

I dont ignore or not enjoy any posts on this foroum. Most of the time i simply do not know what to say - and ive seen people give far better advice than i ever could - so i could be percieved as just talking about myself and being self centered - but its just me taking a step back and letting “more qualified” people give advice.

1 Like

theres actually an ignore button you can use for specific users if you need to, it just shows ‘ignored content’ where there responses would be.

3 Likes

May I ask what happened to @far_cry0 very supportive and positive to all.

2 Likes

If you can’t handle a person don’t wreck your own serenity trying to help them. There are other people who will give this person a hand. But in AA they say “Put principles before personalities.” Try not to let personalities get under your skin.

2 Likes

no one is prefect we all have flaws

1 Like

Where’s your profile pic from looks gorgeous?

1 Like

@far_cry0 is awesome. He pops by once in a while to say hello. If I remember reading correctly he watches a lot of youtube now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I dont know enough about the posters on this site yet to form an opinion on the users. I post here for my therapy anyways, i naturally try to help anyone posting because of it.

3 Likes

This WILL NOT turn into a thread where people vague-post about other members.

4 Likes

most people are good people so why dislike them here

Well, when you help another person, you are also helping yourself. So I guess I could rationalize it that way.

1 Like

People are allowed to like or dislike who they wish. The post is about what you do if you dislike people, not why someone thinks they should engage everyone. Some people are just annoying and it is okay to dislike or avoid them. No one has to justify not liking someone.

2 Likes

that’s your opinion and don’t really care 2 b honest, more real life issues are the correct things to worry about, not silly arguments on a internet site