How do you measure severity of negative symptoms?

My positive symptoms have been so far relatively mild, but my negatives are killing me. Now that I’m on abilify I’ve gone from spending 21-22 hours in bed to 19-20. Progress indeed! Energy levels have become lower if anything. Apathy, no ability to plan ahead, lousy memory. How do you measure the severity of such symptoms? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I had severe negatives and I thought I would never be well again. But here I am, with few mild negatives

1 Like

Good to hear. Was it thanks to the meds? How long did you have to wait to see progress?

1 Like

I don’t remember. Within a year I was significantly better. Now I have pleasure from music again and energy to walk

My negatives are pretty severe, though better than what they used to be. It used to be catatonic behavior, now just regular schizophrenia behavior. My advice is to take an ssri for the negative symptoms.

1 Like

My negatives have not hindered my ability to enjoy music or listening to radio plays, although I struggle to read even light literature. So I can experience pleasure, but don’t have the energy to do much about it.

1 Like

I’ve been on SSRI for 9 months. I can’t help thinking I’d be a great deal worse without them.

1 Like

So you didn’t have anhedonia. That’s good.
I didn’t have energy for the smallest thing. Now I am better. I don’t think it’s due to the meds. These meds don’t help with negatives

2 Likes

I don’t get much pleasure from music. Why I play piano is anyone’s guess. Probably for the challenge. I rarely just listen to music. I like live performances better. But those are expensive. Lately I’ve been canceling everything and just sleeping a lot. All day and all night too.

2 Likes

Try kratom. Me and my also schiz. fiance use it daily. It is from the coffee family. Don’t believe the negative propaganda against it, it’s ■■■■■■■■. It’s not a narcotic, not additive, completely legal, and reduces anxiety, increases focus, drive, motivation, perks up your energy, and does so in a natural kind of way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.