How do you feel about your parents?

I lived in a traditional family. 2 parents. A mother a father. 1 sibling a sister.

My parents are good people. My dad cares about the two things the most, money and his family. But most importantly his family.

My mom i always was told she’s ditzy. Well she is. She’s a ditzy blonde. While my dad is smart with practical things, more intelligent than my mom overall. But not as much smarter as I was raised to believe.

I never thought of how responsible my dad is

I think my dad started meds in 08 and that’s when some stuff started turning around for my dad

Before that he was literally crippled by anxiety.

But still a good worker and all

I never knew my parents much growing up.

Now they’re some of the closest people in my life.

They’ve always been there for me but I never really knew them until they retired.

I feel in childhood especially the second half, they let me do whatever I wanted and paid no mind to my destructive behaviors.

But I’m glad they’ve mostly been there for me in adulthood. Because Life with mental illness is tough Enuff w/ a caring family.

1 Like

Me too @anon54386108. I feel the same way about my parents.

2 Likes

My parents are dead. They divorced when I was around 3. My father was more superficial than my mother. It was difficult for her to raise 3 kids by herself. I wasn’t very understanding when I was young. I regret not helping my mother more. I miss her very much. I don’t think my dad cared much about me. My mother had schizophrenia and it was from being a target of ignorant people.

1 Like

They drive me crazy in a way and I worry for them. But I also love them.

2 Likes

Why do you feel like a target and how?

My parents are good

1 Like

I said my mother was a target, although we had similar experiences. She developed schizophrenia in her 30’s. She was often sexually harassed. She had a landlord who wanted to take nude photos of her, so she moved to a worse place, where they insinuated she was a prostitute. She was once forced to go to court, for saying something to a couple harassing her.

my parents were loving but strict and i rebelled.

dad was a workhorse, we still sometimes butt heads over things. he has his own political and religious truths and is not very open minded. i get mad at him for arguing about politics on facebook, even though he is a dedicated christian. i feel it just drives a wedge between himself and others by doing so. he could use a little more social grace. he’s also a bit controlling which shouldn’t surprise you.

mom is a bit more social, and gets along well with others. she has a wealth of experience she calls upon from her life and has a bit more social grace. but i think if sza is genetic, it most likely came from mom’s side, she can get moody and often times isolates with her books. she has yelled at me countless times, and it just rolls off my shoulders. i feel like she would love me more if i lived on my own. she was always visiting for lunch and what not when i had my own apartments. now im probably a bit of a burden for her. she thought i would grow up and become an adult, which i kinda am, but kinda not.

overall they are good people. we spend a lot of time together, so i often get tired of their company.

2 Likes

I have a good relationship with both my parents who divorced when I was 13.

My mum is a workaholic and raised me while having a business with staff. She’s very tough and frankly racist. It was hard to get attention from her as she was always focused on work.

My dad fought with my mum to be dominant. He was verbally and sometimes physically abusive. He’s very conservative and still struggles with the fact that I’m gay. When I was a kid he tried to kick the gay out of me. He’s complex, always negative and weird.

1 Like

Ambivalent . Love them but they are/were far from being brilliant parents.

1 Like

My dad grew up in the Parisian (at Montmartre) working class. My grandparents were both communist (in the 40’ it was very common, they didn’t know nothing about Stalin, it was just an ideal of social justice, especially for workers)

My mother grew up in a very Catholic farming family. She suffered from the weight of the traditions. She left her family for a better life (with studies) but she kept good relationships with them.

My dad and my mum were both teacher in the highschool here. They met at work.

My mum became an atheist, when my dad already was.

I’ve been loved and respected. (a little too much pressure especially for school)

My mom died 10 years ago.
It didn’t helped me concerning schizophrenia of course.
But now I’m ok.

I thank my parents for bringing me up and making me a nice and responsible adult. (At least I hope so.)

2 Likes

I love my mom and stepdad.

1 Like

My parents are starting to get older and I fear about covid. My mother, by herself, has fully paid the mortgages of two properties she owns and rents. My dad paid half the mortgage of the house we live in and we suspect he has another house. They can’t stand each other but stay together because of me, and because they each want ownership of this house. My mother is still working because she has some kind of superhuman will. She feels she needs to control, not just me, but other people.

My dad got extremely lucky being involved in a class action law suit that gives him 5k a month, at least, because his job tried to cheat workers out of retirement money. When I was a child I thought their screaming and yelling at each other was because of me, but it was all petty reasons all the time. I was never close with my dad after childhood and I suspect both my parents have mental illnesses like me.

My dad isn’t as mean as before but has become moderately racist. My mother doesn’t push me so unreasonably hard anymore since my diagnosis. What life would suddenly be like if they died is alarming.

1 Like

My parents are good but not very good. I am the sh!t. Just a ball of fat on bed 24h/7d.

I only like my mom. She’s sort of crazy and poor. My step dad is alright but I only have 1 dad. My dad is okay. I love and care about him but he is extremely narcissistic in my opinion and lacks empathy. He has improved over the years. He only cares about when i ask him for money and gives me ■■■■. If I lived with him he would be emotionally abusive and I would be hospitalized frequently or homeless. I will never ever live with him.

He’s an emotional vampire. Draining my emotions and positive vibes.

I never asked for this life nor my parents. I think it would be great if I was never born or if I reincarnated finally into a completely different family and was a completely different person. Id take the chances and odds. Im tired of schizophrenia and my dad’s coldness, callousness, and indifference towards me.

1 Like

Well, this is probably a delusion, but i think I was at most 3 different people. Jack parsons and fritz v from possibly Austria. My life has been ■■■■.

Not sure if this is my original life or what. The time tables don’t match too. There’s practically nothing worse than a severe mental illness in my case. The only thing worse is aliens.

Similar to serac from westworld in an extremely loose way, I remember running in weeds or grass in Austria in one of my first lives and having to go to hans aspergers cuz I had autism. I went to the damn clinic…my friend or brother stayed behind. I had an older friend/brother I think in a past life…

My mom was a poet and I dont remember my dad. Not sure if I was a clone or time traveled or am a vampire. I think Aspergers or dyslexia is a billion times better than schizophrenia which the elite dont care about and dont want it cured. They like oil and hate free energy and make trillions off sick people and knock people off that care about the greater good, helping people, inventors, and people that can make more money than them and are smarter. Its the old vs new money thing. Great Gatsby sort of stuff. They run our governments and control everything and more!

Ive been me (Anthony over a million times) and I’m stuck in a time loop with schizophrenia since 2011 for eternity. Probably Nordic aliens are to blame…

So yes, my 3 options suck and I never live a long, great life. The best life I ever had was outside the simulation running reality and without schizophrenia.

I think I went through that German bell time machine in a distant past life and ended up reincarnated a trillion lifetimes ago. Probably remembering, talking about it is why I ended up disabled, poor, insane, and in monarch/montauk programming. I feel like I’m the world’s most tortured suffering person in history.

The only thing that gives me comfort is Christ. That’s why I’m not scared anymore. I am a victim of circumstance and what happened to me was inhuman.

Shame on you!!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.