How do you deal with intrusive sexual thoughts?

There are meds for this?

1 Like

I don’t know but have you mentioned this to your pdoc about this? S/he might know better… I tell almost everything to my pdoc

2 Likes

@anon51414962 I wasn’t aware of it, I thought I am a pervert or something worse until I change meds and realize it is not normal. I have them since a little kid. You know lack of education didn’t tell me something was wrong

3 Likes

Think of it like this. No one can hear them and if you think of the number of times you have been exposed to a sexual situation or reference maybe you can be less bothered by the fact its there. It wasn’t your thought in the first place.

3 Likes

I am no doctor but invega helped me alot with my intrusive thoughts. Well at least it seemed to. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is something that supposively helps alot of people.

2 Likes

Think about them until they fade away

2 Likes

Don’t fight them. Let them come and go. They’re just a symptom, not a reflection of your character.

10 Likes

@anon9798425

I tend to agree with this, I have a lot of sexual & other unusual thoughts just let them go… The more you dwell on them the more of a negative impact it has on you.

4 Likes

I want to take CBT, sometimes I feel uncomfortable around certain pepple, I suffer from kind of unwanted sexual intrusive thoughts that I try to block.

2 Likes

I never have intrusive sexual thoughts but then I am pretty asexual. I didn’t know so many people have this. Are there any women who have this issue or is it a guy thing?

I don’t think it’s a guy thing. I think it’s a schizophrenia thing. As intrusive thoughts (sexual or otherwise,) seem to be a fairly common symptom.

1 Like

I have intrusive thoughts at times, just not sexual ones. Was just curious I guess.

1 Like

Who knows? I have intrusive thoughts too, generally not sexual.
edit: I also am not sexually active and don’t really have a lot of sexual desire. I guess that’s somewhat “asexual.” I need to look that up…

Yeah that’s pretty well much what asexual means. No sex drive, interest or desire to do anything sexual.

I normally get them pretty frequently throughout the day but and they can be distressing. I’ve noticed that I haven’t had many since starting vraylar

Paranormal sex…its when you say “no we are not having sex” then enjoy it.

I think intrusive sexual thoughts are normal - for me anyhow.

The human racing continuing is our number one priority…

1 Like

I have constant intrusive sexual & violent thoughts. It was diagnosed as OCD & I was given fluvoxamine/ movox. Took 6 wks to work. These thoughts are considered ego dystonic = the opposite of what u truly want

1 Like

I do believe there are meds. for this ask your pdoc.

Wtf are u joking?