How did you spend your time while in the hospital?

I watched TV, I especially remember Leonard Cohen’s concert, then I chatted with other people and in the smoking room people were quite open, enjoyed making coffee and drinking it with others, I had to ask additional pain medication because of my feet pains in the evenings.

My local ward has always been locked but they used to have grounds and day passes. You could walk around hospital property for like half an hour with a grounds pass. A day pass let you leave the hospital with a family member or other responsible person for like 6 hours.

I had gone out on a day pass with my aunt and got her to take me to a tattoo parlor where I got a tattoo. I was surprised at how upset the doctor and staff were about that.

Other people also abused both privileges like I did so the passes were discontinued many years ago.

1 Like

When my son was inpatient the ward was locked. The hospital grounds were not secure. As he became more stable he was allowed out with me for 15 minute smoke breaks, then allowed out by himself for smoke breaks, then day passes. In previous hospital he would run away :smile: