Help me rationalize this

How could your IRA ex-colleague know that you were leaving your house early in the morning and drive 45 minutes to intimidate you, unless he could see out of your eyes?

First of all anything (geostationary satellite surveillance, leprechauns, and unicorns) is more plausible than the ability of a real other person having the ability to see out of your eyes. I suggest coincidence as being the most plausible rationalization.

A more pertinent question I think however is 'Why do you think that he can see out of your eyes?"

My rationalization is pretty trippy, and I would not want to trigger, so please read on with caution.

According to my psychotic experience, some posts on these forums, including this recent one

and quite a lot of scientists as detailed in this previous posts of mine

I think that someone else is looking out of my eyes, but not a real physical person. It seems to me I share my mind with another alter ego, variously called, the “over I”, “impartial spectator,” “invisible hand,” “generalized other,” “Other,” and “super-addressee”. In order to keep this part of mind hidden it is necessary that it be endowed with scary qualities, and the feeling that another real person (such as your IRA ex-colleague) can see out of your eyes is one of the last (voices being the last), ways of keeping the other, necessary for the function of self, hidden – as suggested by Phillip Rochat in his book “Others in Mind.”

In other words, schizophrenia too may be interpreted using cost-benefit analysis. Believing that you are being victimized by a member of the IRA is bad, but it may be better (have more benefits than costs) than realizing what Adam Smith, Freud, Rochat etc theorize is looking out of our eyes.

Perhaps you can make friends with your ex-colleague.

By the way, my paranoia is subsiding a little but, I am generally too scared to mention it here. I have even considered the possibility that you, Italy2020, may be the person that I fear is out to get me! Have you considered the possibility that I may be your IRA colleague?! I am not, I assure you, but so might he.