Help me rationalize this

What do you guys think of my thinking here. One day I decided to go on the run from my old work colleague who’s in the IRA. I booked my ticket and had arranged to get the train early in the morning. That morning on my way in in the car, I met my old work colleagues car coming in the opposite direction (as if To say ‘how did I know you would be leaving so early this morning?!’) how did he know that I was getting the train early in the morning?, it was half six he wouldn’t have been up. His was the only car I met.My phone was not tapped, I didn’t book a train ticket online so even if he was looking at my internet he wouldn’t have seen it. Was he reading my thoughts the night before so he knew what they time I was getting the train?

So what do you guys think, how did he know?

Edit: I’m pretty sure there were other cars I met on the road too, but it was definently him.
What do you think @Pikasaur? This guy drives me crazy. @accreditedpsych?

When I’m caught up in a delusion the coincidences comes in legions. Psychosis plays very agonizing games with our minds.

It was most likely your friend you saw. He probably had an early schedule which had absolutely nothing to do with you.

During a delusion my mind flee from reality. The more I run, the more coincidences appear.

To realize that you bought a ticket to run from your friend shows that you got insight, which is a very good thing.

During a delusion I have little to zero insight. My delusions are sometimes so covincing even my psychiatrist once thought they were real.

When I explained to him afterwards what happened, he says that I have insight.

I would not read to much into this if I were you and see it merely for what it probably was, a mere coincidence.

3 Likes

Thank you that was really helpful @Fellowman. Sorry to bother you again @Ninjastar but you have good skills.

1 Like

Edit; he always used to drive by my house or by me on the road to intimidate me, it was a whole thing he did. I would see him driving by me anytime I had booked to go on the run from him, it was like he wanted one last ‘look’ at me

Why do you figure that he had to know you were leaving early in the morning? You must surely have met other people you know when you were out and about perhaps shopping for groceries, or doing other things in the common spaces where other people also go
He could have been up at that time for a myriad of reasons
Like I mentioned in another reply to you, the fact that you believe something as bonkers as reading thoughts to be a possible explanation for something further confirms your schizophrenia diagnosis. It’s a delusion

1 Like

I don’t i guess

No, he didn’t. He never did any of these things. You only think that because you have a disease. You are not the center of someone else’s world. Everyone is the center of their own world. They care about taking care of themselves and making themselves happy. Nobody puts this much effort into bothering someone else.

2 Likes

I hope you are right, but I have to disagree. now I know it sounds like I want my delusions to be confirmed but I can’t give this guy credit when he doesn’t deserve it. I know you don’t know this man but he’s a scumbag, he does do these things. Saying that it could be in my mind that I seen his car with him in it. Your two cents @Moonwalker?

It seems you’re really tagging people with the hope/intention of having your delusions validated.

Give me one sentence which says I want my delusion validated?

Well you have been told your thinking is faulty by several people , but you are still looking for input that contradicts that .

How am I looking for input that contradicts that?? Where have I said that??I simply explained that this man is known for intimidating people. It’s not my problem if you don’t believe me.I’ll tag however amount of people I want to tag!! Why don’t you give me your opinion about the matter at hand instead of jumping to conclusions about me

@anon47167357, now do you see why I said what I said. Each time we tell you no one can do what you say, you come back with why they can.

Honey, no one can read your mind. Np one bothers people that much except in fiction movies, books, and tv. It can seem real, but isn’t.

You have this person built up in your mind, but he isn’t what you think. No one has that power. And honestly, by obsessing him you are letting him win if you think about your delusion of him being after you. You ARE giving him credit of being some godlike villian. No one has those powers. Not a single person.

4 Likes

But where have I said they can do that?? I haven’t said that once I simply said if you read it that he is known for intimidation. I haven’t cut anyone down

He’s a dangerous person with a criminal record! I do like the sound of him not having those powers though that’s what I want to hear, that’s all

It was real, the IRA wanted me dead. My cousin is in it, he told me for God’s sake, there was a lot of trouble over it especially for him. The mindreading might not be real (hopefully) but I was in a lot of danger.

I’m not sure how to make it clear to you how it is looking like confirmation bias. I promise you’re just being tricked by your mind. A mix of real stuff and hallucinations is horrible.

One thing that a lot of people think I had delusions about was our neighbors being out to get us. Then we had 3 calls to protective swrvices against us and two complaining that we keep curtains drawn and they never saw in. That was a real eye opener to my husband that I wasn’t hallucinating being watched.

1 Like

Delusions wont go with antidote ideas. Delusions and paranoias is the symptoms like constipation or dizzyness. You don t get pray for fix constipation. Same rules valid for delusions and paranoias.

You hallucinated it

3 Likes