Headache remedies?

Does anyone here know any home remedies for massive headaches? Sounds hurt, light hurts, moving hurts. Being awake hurts, but I can’t sleep.
I’ve tried painkillers, but they had no effect and it seems to be getting worse.

Someone told me to drink water. I had some, but I feel I might throw up if I drink more.

I’m at my wit’s end!

2 Likes

I take excedrin for my migraines. It’s a combination of acetemetophin (paracetamol in Europe), aspirin, and caffeine.

3 Likes

Ice packs, rest in a cold dark room, sip water slowly but often

I don’t know, I rely on meds because most of this stuff just helps a tiny bit but doesn’t actually get rid of it.

3 Likes

A heating pad on your neck or a hot bath. A dark, quiet room. A coke and two Tylenol.

The sucky thing is, once you get one there really isn’t much you can do. You need to watch our for them and catch them before they get in there too bad. I’m sorry honey.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice, everyone.
I made some organic green tea, hoping it has caffeine in it that helps the pain.
It tastes terrible, and the smells in the shared kitchen almost made me barf.

I’m sorry I’m being so negative.
I think I’ll go lie down afterwards, even thougy I have to get up to pee every 10 minutes for some reason. Maybe put a cold washcloth on my forehead.

2 Likes

5 Likes

when I was pregnant I had back to back migraines and had to pee every five seconds. It was awful.

I have this too, i pee every 30 minutes but i drink a lot of water :slight_smile:

@Berru, You sound like you are having migraine headaches. I get them. They are terrible. And simple Advil, Tylenol, or Aspirin won’t do a thing for them. You have to see a GP or a neurologist to get treated for them. You must see a doctor, to rule out anything more serious, and to be properly treated with specific migraine medication.

I second the Excedrin, you just have to be cautious as it can have interactions with some psychotropic medications.

1 Like

Warm on the neck and pinch for 10-20 seconds between thumb and index finger

Your dr may give you some good medication to take when needed.

Anders used to put a tiny bit of tiger balm by the side of his eyes but not close to them but more by the hair line and make sure not to get it in the eyes.

1 Like

Massage the base of your skull where it attaches to your neck. Also massaging the temple of your forehead on the side that hurts can help. Also ice on the forehead and back of the neck.

A dark room is the best maybe some earplugs if you are sensitive to sounds. Also I recommend something to puke in if you feel nauseous.

I find mint can help sometimes too but only sometimes idk why.

1 Like

I would try vitamin C, maybe 3,000 per day, green tea and omega3’s

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.