Have you successfully overcome Thought Broadcasting with medication?

I saw my psychiatrist, about 2 and half weeks ago, and we increased my dosage of Risperidone. I have overcome thought broadcasting before, but somehow I regressed, and I’m experiencing this again. I am not sure when the effects of this higher dosage are supposed to kick in.

I am struggling to convince myself that this is a delusion because, it is not simply the belief or suspicion that people can hear my thoughts. But rather, people really say and do things that are congruent to what I think. Like I’ve literally had people repeat my own thoughts to me. People also respond to my thoughts, or questions I have but didn’t say out loud.

Since taking the higher dosage, it wasn’t happening so much, but then yesterday, after I had Googled a specific topic regarding my internet business, but dad just randomly brought that particular thing up in conversation shortly after. And he said it the way I’d phrased in Google. I know that these may be coincidences, but all the coincidences sometimes feel a little too uncanny.

I am trying to convince myself that this isn’t real, but it’s hard when things always seem to validate themselves in this way. I really don’t think I can exist with my mind seemingly open to world like this. I miss the privacy of my mind.

Will the medication help me overcome this? Have you pulled through thought broadcasting?

1 Like

I’m using twice daily 1mg cogentin for thought broadcasting. 1mg pill lasts about 8 hours for me.
I got it prescribed for tremors, but noticed that it also works for thought broadcasting.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m also taking mine twice daily. I really hope it takes effect soon.

1 Like

For me Risperdal worked best out of 4 meds I tried.

1 Like

I’m pretty far out of the Truman show / Thought Broadcasting delusion. Like 70-80% out.

This thread is sort of about that:

1 Like

Risperdal helped me overcome it.

1 Like

I used to have something like this. It was called thought insertion. To where I thought I could read everyone else’s mind. And everything everybody was thinking was all negative, evil, bad thoughts about me. It tortured me to no end for many years. Risperdal Consta shots, Geodon, and Seroquel ended all that for me.

1 Like

It’s great to hear that you’re coming out of it. Really gives me hope for my situation. Thanks for the link to the thread. Very informative. I was also struggling with headaches and head pressure. It is somewhat subsiding. Hopefully I can diminish it altogether in time.

1 Like

Haloperidol and Risperidone are the best meds for thought broadcasting for me

1 Like

I’m very glad to hear you pulled through it. It’s encouraging. I think it’s good to try and keep a positive mind in this recovery process. So I hope I’ll come right too, one way or another.

1 Like

I have somewhat, but I still have things that make me wonder, I think it’s possible, but it also depends on how bad it gets

I sincerely hope you pull through it too. It took three AP’s for me to come out of it.

1 Like

I take resperdal

When I’m on YouTube or twitch. I see the chat. When I see the chat username. I believe it’s referring to me. The username predicts what I’m going to be doing in a couple of days.

When I go outside I hear things that’s referring to me. So I aoutomatically agree with it.

So that’s why I belive the broadcasting thing is real for me as well friend.

What dose of Risperdal? Max dose is 8mg, I am on 3mg and no positive symptoms.

1 Like

I take 4mg

I tried 6mg

I’ve experienced weird algorithmic things as well with AI and such. I always try to convince myself it isn’t happening. And maybe it really doesn’t mean much in reality, but the mental connections between things make it hard.

Have you tried other medications before Risperdal? Is Risperdal working best for you? I don’t want to lose hope that I can get my mind back to normal. If my current dosage/medication doesn’t cut it, I’m prepared to try something else.

1 Like

I briefly had thought broadcasting when I was first hospitalized. Meds (abilify) fixed it for me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.