and I was choking on a root beer barrel piece of candy

it lodged in my throat

I went outside, and Dave Bender, my neighbor saw me

he did the heimlich and saved me.

10 Likes

It’s taking everything in me to remain pg :speak_no_evil:

Glad you’re okay though!

3 Likes

Yes. One time when I was pregnant I had bad GERD. I threw up in my sleep and choked. Have myself the Heimlich with a chairback. It was scary.

4 Likes

Lol im happy he came to the rescue,

And Heimlich manoeuvre sounds good haha

2 Likes

A guy at the call center where I used to work choked on a piece of chicken that he was eating between calls. They did the heimlich on him and he was fine.

The next day we got an office email stating that eating while at work was prohibited except on lunch or break.

3 Likes

I guess you just affixiate it.

When I was a kid I drank some vinegar from the bottle and it went down the wrong way and I was choking.
It was awful!
I’ll never forget.

4 Likes

I had a close call with a jolly rancher once. It was really scary.

3 Likes

I had a near miss with a piece of hotdog when I was a wee lad. Hot dogs can be bloody dangerous.

2 Likes

I was once at a BBQ restaurant and chocked on a pulled pork sandwich…it was very scary…when it finally came unlogged it flew across the restaurant lol…funny but seriously scary…

1 Like

I’m really worried about food going down the wrong way and choking. I’ve noticed I’ve had more trouble as I’ve got older.

1 Like

I was hopping down the stairs and the campino candy went down the wrong pipe that was really scary. I don’t eat hard candy like that anymore cos I had a second encounter and that just put me off

1 Like

Hard candy, monzarella sticks several times, ice cube. With the ice cube, my father whacked me in the back and it went flying across the floor.

1 Like

Once, on a subway sandwich that had a very poorly cooked strip of bacon that found its way halfway down my throat. I was able to calm down and pull it out once I stopped myself from gagging.

1 Like

I half swallowed a chicken bone when i was 5. My uncle held my feet and turned me upside down and whacked my back. But now I have very sensitive tonsils and I choke a lot, often but a little scares everybody.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.