Have things gotten better for women?

I was a member of National Organization of Women back in the 1970’s when they were trying to pass the Equal Rights Amendment. Do you think things have gotten better for women anyway? I think there’s still the pay gap between men and women.

2 Likes

It depends on what timeframe you are talking about. I don’t want this thread to get political but there have been pushes forward and setbacks in recent years.

Have they made progress in this area since the 50’s? Yes. My mom has told me before how my grandmother couldn’t even have a credit card in her own name. She had to have “mrs grandfathersfirstname grandfatherslastname” on her card.

So yes, there is a general trend forward with hiccups in the road. The hiccups will likely correct themselves over the long term. How long that will be , I don’t know.

I’m talking about the US btw, which is what I assume you mean. Global womens rights is another matter altogether.

1 Like

In some ways yes,

In many ways no.

I don’t think I can talk about it without getting political.

3 Likes

Things have gotten better for women these days jobs that were opportunity for men are now more open for women for various reasons although pay is never really changed it all depends on if the boss likes you or if the corporation needs you it can be treacherous for men and women today’s society I look at what people drive and how lucky they are to be able to get loans for such vehicles I often can tell if you’ve had a job for over a year you’re probably driving a new car and I probably can tell you what kind of job you have by the car you drive most women do not drive the traditional SUVs they’re more or less driving fancier trucks than men do or more of a more expensive foreign car which used to be the men’s tradition is now the women’s tradition office jobs are opening up for men now that used to be held by women why is this

1 Like

Yes and no. Women have more potential for advancement, but a lot of barriers are still in place. One of the big ones is that women are still punished at work for being the gender that has to carry and give birth to new humans. I see this in my own workplace and I don’t like it.

2 Likes

Only 11% of the 2500+ billionaires around the world are women. I doubt that percentage will reach 49% but what do I know…

1 Like

I think it all just depends on what area of the world and what playing field we’re talking about.

In America women have made amazing advancements, but they still catch a lot of flack for trying to do blue collar jobs, or what have traditionally been “men’s jobs.”

Now in the area of dating in America women own that ■■■■ like a hunter with an AR-15 shooting down ducks in a pond.

That’s been my experience at least.

3 Likes

apparently women live as slaves, i didnt know that

1 Like

You didn’t know that?

I think everyone knows that.

2 Likes

My dude, haven’t you heard about how women are treated in a lot of parts of India and Africa?

Women get treated like absolute ■■■■ in the third world.

1 Like

@Resilient1 has made it clear on several occasions that he’s blind to women’s issues.

It’s not worth trying to inform him.

1 Like

Women in Afghanistan recently lost the right to obtain higher education (on top of the many other rights they are denied). Women are being executed in Iran for daring to go out in public without a head covering.

3 Likes

I only heard of women wearing hijab and not getting any rights like in Afghanistan now, I feel sorry for them, we did a lot of good in that country and now its all been for nothing :frowning:

1 Like

your sarcasm is annoying, to be frank. If youve never heard of the horrible treatment of women in some places. YOu can take some time off.

1 Like

idk why you are being like this to me

1 Like

1 Like

why you all being mean to me? its upsetting

1 Like

Well,

You’re not being made a slave because you don’t have a dick.

So not too, too upsetting.

1 Like

You sweet summer child, I have yet to be mean.

Give me 5 minutes.

1 Like

old level pokes his head in to nibble on a little popcorn then runs for the hills

:popcorn::turtle::dash:

3 Likes