Have any of you

Ever dealt with memory loss? I can’t get my words to follow through. I’m forgetful about things. I think fluphenazine did it. Ruined my memory.

They ■■■■ all messed with my meds in the ward.

Yeah, I get this on Zyprexa. I think it’s a side effect. It was worse when I had just started taking it, and it’s not as bad now. I’ll forget what I was just saying seconds earlier or I’ll be unable to remember a celebrity’s name. It used to scare me a lot, but like I said it’s not as bad now as it used to be so I kind of ignore it.

2 Likes

Haldol messed with my memory pretty bad. So did a few others, but I don’t really remember much of it. Now that I’ve been off the haldol for about a year I’m noticing I’m not having quite as much problem with memory and all that goes along with it.

Hopefully with some time you’ll start feeling like yourself again.

2 Likes

Haldol can be strange. My pdoc ordered me to go stay with my mom for the weekend. I never went. So I see my pdoc Tuesday. I guess he’s trying to gauge what’s going on

All to do with the neighbors. I’ve been having dejavu.

2 Likes

My memory is bad, but I’m not sure it was ever great. I don’t want to get any older either, it’s really starting to scare me.

1 Like

That has been happening to me a lot but my pdoc says it is from the sza

1 Like

I have that too. I’ll get up to do something, and then forget what I got up for. I’ll forget how to do something simple that I did automatically before. I find it a little scary because both my parents died of brain diseases very similar to Alzheimer’s.

1 Like

MIne took a hit because of a stressful move. Now I have to write down everything important that needs to be done or I’ll forget. All my business is on paper. Someone recommended I go to a memory clinic except I forgot who told me and I forgot where it was. Yeah, tomorrow I am definitely going to the sleep clinic, my feet are really bothering me.

1 Like

Sometimes when I’m about to say something, I forget what I was going to say. My psychiatrist told me it’s because of schizophrenia. It’s a symptom.

2 Likes

Stelazine messed with my memory, I’m glad I’m off that med.

1 Like

I hope nytol didn’t mess with my memory. I took an overdose of that on an empty stomach once

1 Like

I’ve had memory loss the morning after a night of heavy drinking/smoking. Only for a few hours of the day. Kinda like a hangover, but longer.

I’ve always had stellar long term memory, but I think maybe in the last year or two, my short term has started to go. Quite often forgetting whether I locked the car doors or not. That’s just one example.

1 Like