Hardest hit in football history - for football fans

In the 1989 Ohio State v. Auburn football game linebacker Dumas #21 hit an Auburn back catching a ball out in the flat, and it was the hardest hit I have ever seen, anywhere. In the film they have of this hit it doesn’t catch it right at the moment of impact, but you can still tell it was a devastating hit. If you could see that hit at the moment of impact you could see how it rattled every bone in the Auburn player’s body. It was truly frightening. The Auburn back was left laying on the turf for a short while, but then he got up and trotted off the field. As he left the Auburn back yelled at the linebacker that he’d be back.

1 Like

when I think of hard hits. I always think of ray Atwater in the nfl. playing strong safety lighting up defenseless receivers before the new rule changes. he knocked a couple people out I remember. I think he played for the broncos. @TheBest do you remember him?

1 Like

A long time ago Oklahoma University had some real head hunters for defensive backs. Whenever they made a tackle on the sidelines you could see their forearms come up and catch the receiver on his head. I’m surprised more people didn’t get hurt. This was a long time ago, though. Back then the defensive backs were the guys who were likely to get arrested off the field for assault, or something like that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.