Haldol thoughts anyone?

can haldol treat schizoaffective bipolar type? im interested in it, mostly because it’s the most affordable med. is there still a shortage? will it go extinct and no longer be produced? i guess td is a side effect in some but how many? my med costs, invega trinza, are really a deterrent to me going back to work, but they work pretty good so im hesitant to change meds. will discuss it with my pdoc in march but will ask around here first.

How much will you save by switching to Haldol? Is it worth it?

1 Like

I’m bipolar but I mostly have mania I am not depressed I’m on 5 mg it’s good for me no side effects

1 Like

well my meds are free right now because im on medicaid. trinza is like 28,000 thousand a year or something like that. i was under the impression haldol is less than $10 dollars a month. big difference in cost in case i lose my insurance and go back to work.

1 Like

The injection or pills? I think injections are more expensive.

1 Like

pills. don’t know what injections cost.

1 Like

I am diagnosed with SZA and I take 15 mg of Haldol.

1 Like

A good med. Cheap, readily available (shortage is over), and well-documented. Causes a lot of movement disorders though. That’s why I had to ditch it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you got a movement disorder. Do you still have it now?

1 Like

I’m also interested in this med if I lose insurance ill take the injection which is still very affordable

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo. No, my tremors went away after two weeks of being off the med. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My psychiatrist says it’s the best med out there. I take 250mg monthly

1 Like

Some people, like myself, find Haldol extremely unpleasant to take. If they want to put me on that drug again they’re going to have to catch me first. It does handle symptoms well, though. And it is cheap. I hope I don’t wind up in some nursing home where they force me to take Haldol instead of Geodon and Seroquel. The price of those drugs should be coming down.

1 Like

I am on I simulary classic drug to Haldol that’s called Clopixol depo. It cost 130 dollars every 3. months. If I wanted I could be on Invega trina or abilify maintaina since you get medication for free in my country.

1 Like