Halaperidol

Have anyone experienced Parkinson like symptoms like the way you walk after taking Halaperidol for a long time. I have been taking this med for 35 years and now have trouble with my walking and shakiness. How did you fix it. Did you have to change medicine?

1 Like

They switched me off Haldol because it made me feel so bad, but they did not do that because it caused me problems in my walking. I have seen other people who got that problem from taking Haldol, though. Ask them to try you on a different medication.

I take Cogentin (benztropine) for my side effects. It helps tremendously

Haldol made me feel weak, had to change

Thanks for the answers.

I take haldol and I don’t have any side effects but my hands shaking.

Sounds serious.
Fifteen.

I tried congentin and ended up in the emergency ward because I had no energy at all. I saw an orthopedic doctor and said the way I walk is like I had Parkinsons. I have to go to physical therapy to try and fix the way I walk.

I just got put on Haldol and don’t feel any of these symptoms. I think I feel less delusional if I am delusional though.

Yes haldol gave me Parkinson’s symptoms. Terrible drug in my opinion.

When i was on Haldol - I always had a script of procyclidine to go along with it - i had the tounge jerking alot on that stuff.

How long did you take Haldoperidial and did you switch with ease to another medicine?

I was in haldol for about a year. Had terrible restless legs and arms.