Had a scare today about my back

All I did was lift a transformer in my van leaning in, and the upper part of my back completely went into unbearable pain that spread to my rib cage at the front.

I was late to work today, as I literally couldn’t move for about 15 mins the pain was so bad.

Ended up forcing myself to load my power tools, and by time I got to work, it had subsided.

I feel sore and I think I have definitely done some damage

So scary. I thought my landscaping business was going to crash and burn, as I rely on my body for manual labour - no one else is going to do it for me!

No swimming for a few days I think.

3 Likes

I hope you recover quickly. :ox::ox::ox:

Thanks @GrayBear

I think I will lay down for this evening. Just got to try not to fall asleep early

2 Likes

I remember all the oldies complaining about backpains in the psychwards. I got backpains myself. A cortisone injection in the back cost $100 here. I got arthritis in the spine. Its fcking sht.

You seem high-functioning, at least in terms of your capacity to earn money.
That’s good for you.

Go to a doctor and get checked out. It’s free in your country.

I did phone them but they said call back if it gets worse. It’s all over the phone due to covid

1 Like

If you can’t afford physical therapy there are physical therapy vids on YouTube for free that’s what I use I have back problems for 10 years now.

1 Like

I’m starting swimming tomorrow

I really hope covid doesn’t get in the way. For both of us.

Can’t use the showers there though.

Ugh Idk if I will be able to maintain this exercise but it’s worth a shot

Hope your back will be OK.

That sounds like a serious injury. Are you going to see your primary for an X-ray? Be careful not to hurt yourself worse.

2 Likes

Yeah I would go see a doctor if I were you.
Sounds pretty serious.
Good luck @Joker

IDK if this is true or not but I heard that laying down if you have back pain is bad for it.
I think it would depend on the injury.

Good luck! I have been ding it four times a week since gyms re-opened.

I find I like it a lot

1 Like

Because of my job, I am unable to rest it.

I also have had to put work in for saturday morning, so I won’t have the whole weekend to rest - which is something I wasn’t going to do

The nurse i spoke to was not concerned enough to tell me to go to a&e

I think I will go down there if I have too

1 Like

I love those guys. Great duo lol

When you feel better maybe work on some back stabilizer muscle exercises

Certainly feels that way. I feel awful after a nights sleep. I think it’s going to happen again as my ribs feel fragile when I move my body

Yeah, go get it checked out. You could make it worse if you strain or stress it, and could even do permanent damage if you’re not careful.

1 Like

My husband kept working after he injured his back. He ended up needing surgery to fuse together several vertebrae and had lots of hardware. Afterwards, he was unable to walk. He can walk short distances now but he’s permanently injured