Gym - unprocessed trauma?

I feel emotional at random times ever since I started gym. Something triggers me and I get teary on the inside but don’t actually cry, just feel like I may need to.

I get bouts of serious anger too.

Is this experienced by anyone else in the past?

I googled it and it says it’s a real phenomena

2 Likes

I am not a smart on this topic,

But I definitely think it could be the case. I mean it could be trauma

1 Like

It real:

A psychologist did say to me I had complex PTSD

4 Likes

I used to feel some type of way when I used to train but for every negative feeling there was a positive reply

Did you feel stronger physically after a while?

Yes I did 15 character

1 Like

It can be a trauma response or it can be happy tears … I never heard of this before so I googled too. But I also heard of people wanting to poop when they go to a bookstore. It’s a thing people

1 Like

Yeah, for me it’s related to anger. I was sexually assaulted when I was a teen (at least a flashback suggests I was) I’ve not had the flashback since my the first time I saw it.

Sighs. I hope whatever this is, it resolves quickly because the aggression is disruptive to my studies

1 Like

They say you can’t have inspiration without sweat. That being said it’s also possible to over do workouts. Causes acid build up in the body and can make you feel acrid mentally

1 Like

It makes me feel good and really happy and energetic after my workout. Try just weights see if that shifts your mood. Maybe you’re not happy with progress? Just keep going and eventually you’ll end up loving it

Exercise is supposed to be good for mental health

Did you read the thread lol

That’s not what I’m confused about :sob:

1 Like

I would hate to be the guy who cleans the bookstore bathrooms

2 Likes

It’s not gym doing that then, try think what it is xxx

Yes I have. The initial post was literally asking how it’s possible.

A lot of times people don’t read my posts either and comment. To each their own.

Well it ain’t the gym doing that

@aziz made the exact same post right before he left gettting teary at the gym

1 Like

Hmm. I emailed a psychologist who once worked on trauma stuff with me. Hopefully she gets back to me

Edit: thank you for letting me know this, im not mad it means lol

1 Like

I wonder if anyone helped him

1 Like