"Guilt" free Cinnamon Rolls

It plagued my mind to try these with an alternative sweetener like Swerve to see how it would taste.

Well the question is are they guilt free because there is no sugar? Or are they guilt free because you won’t get that much pleasure from the taste??

Haha. The taste stands out for sure.

It’s uhhhh… Yeow.

I had some fun rolling them up. Love that part anyway.

They’re pretty satisfying to me at least.

Oh – and they’re made with tangzhong which is an ancient Japanese super secret technique used to make baked goods tender and soft.

If you’ve ever been to an Asian market and tried their baked goods in the bakery section, eating those breads is like eating a cloud…

8 Likes

Good stuff ! They look yummy :yum:

1 Like

Looks good! 155

1 Like

Thanks guys for the responses.

I wish I could send some off .

I just stare at them almost longingly thinking, “Oh… but there’s no one to share it with…”

Can’t eat them all myself.

Gotta couple taste testers that should drop by in a bit at least.

They look so good

1 Like

My niece and little cousin loved them.

Said they can’t tell the difference!

giphy

giphy (1)

2 Likes

Where did you learn tangzhong? From your family? That sounds really interesting

1 Like

I don’t remember how I found out about it but it’s a part of this recipe which is the recipe I used:

Still can’t remember where I found out. I know I searched online something.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the recipe!

1 Like

It’s a bit of work but one thing I can say is I don’t put 4 cups of flour and pre sift the flour first.

But that’s because I don’t have a scale to measure.

1 Like

Ok. I have all that. I may try it. It looks yummy

1 Like

I also may have put a little too much Rum extract in the frosting.

Wee. My mom tasted it and loved it too and said she can definitely taste the “rum”.

Whoops lol.

But thats one of the fun things about frosting is getting to play around with flavors.

At least I try to.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.