Greta Van Fleet, love or hate them?

I’ve been going back and listening to all their albums tonight…I think they are really good but I like Led Zeppelin a lot and it is known Greta tries to be inspired by Led Zep. so some don’t like them, even hate them…I love 'em.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I mean, great vocals, great musicianship— you can for sure hear the …inspiration… in their songs.

The guy can sing for sure— this track is quite good.

There’s always inspiration to be drawn from somewhere, and Led Zeppelin is like, the band for many.

They sound a bit too… studio to be Led Zeppelin, but good in their own right.

4 Likes

thank you…yes , the lead singer sounds almost like Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin…I think Greta’s guitar work is phenomenal. not as good as Led Zeppelin to me, but I disregard the led zep influence and just hear their music for what it is…talented work for sure…thank you for your reply.

1 Like

It sounds like a piece of Led Zeppelin’s music. The singer is cosmetic. But can they produce anything else but that harmony Do I like them yes But as far as originality. I have to question it until I hear new music.

2 Likes

This sounds more like breed between Led Zeppelin and Rush. Led Zeppelin also drew inspiration from many bands and literature.

I love both of them. Led Zeppelin has been my first rock band that I listened to and never regretted a moment. And it was Led Zeppelin IV album. Their best imo.

5 Likes

I like them … they do sound a bit like Rush as well. @Melomaniac

4 Likes

It’s too close. Greta Van Fleet is like if chatgpt had a music option and you asked it to write you a new Led Zeppelin song. I had a friend in high school who sounded exactly like Jimmy Page. I mean exactly. I never got why he did that. For me a lot of what music is about is being as original as you can be. Every great band / musician has their own distinct thing going on. I don’t get it.

2 Likes

Greta Van Fleet has their own merit to me…they don’t do covers or anything of zeppeling songs…it’s all their own stuff…the lead singer just happens to scream like the lead singer of led zep.

1 Like

They don’t do covers but they very much write in the style of Led Zeppelin.

2 Likes

Robert Plant had soul in his voice. “Baby you need coooliiin”, it’s timeless and legendary.

I don’t know about Greta van fleet? They are good, but I think they lack something. I don’t pay any attention when I hear them.

When zeppelin starts the music captures me. It’s like another domain.

2 Likes

oh I think Led Zep is def out of Gretas league when it comes to good music…led zeppelin had a real style…which is kind of my point about this…greta is just inspired by led zep. they do their own thing…

2 Likes

I listened to a couple of songs to give it a chance but yeah. It’s good musicianship but the style is so similar. Meeting the Master sounds so like the zep sound. Yeah the guy can sing but it’s pretty much how you think a modern zep clone band would be…that is just my opinion.

3 Likes

most ppl seem shocked I like greta van fleet…I think it’s great that they are so young and still a new band really…they seem to get better on every album to me. I hardly ever listen to greta’s first album…

1 Like

Here’s a good cover!

1 Like

Led Zeppelin is one of a handful of bands that escaped the matrix. They wrote stuff so original it doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to them @jukebox I’d never heard of them but as a zep fan I had to try. I like them. I will keep them in my rotation.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I have not stopped listening to this!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.