Google Maps - Cool feature - Embedded in Forum - show where you'd like to Travel

Just testing this out - I think that google maps automatically embed in this forum - just copy the URL from the top of the browser - and I think we’ll see a map here of Paris:

Just to to Google Maps here:
https://www.google.com/maps

Find what you want and post the URL link here in the forum.

and another view of the city:

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.8488573,2.2959904,1243a,20y,41.37t/data=!3m1!1e3

I wonder if street view works:

Doesn’t seem to.

Once I was here in Vatican, Google Maps is great.

1 Like

OK - here is an idea. Where would be your favorite place that you’d like to travel to one-day.

Here is mine: - guess their name:

1 Like

The Galápagos… that would be cool…

The turtle migration… the sea lion migration… I’d love to swim those waters…

1 Like

I could travel to Viborg, my grandfather was born there during Imperial Russia, now it is a part of Russia when I was lost during the 2nd WW.

1 Like

and

(Loch Ness)

1 Like

Yeh - go fishing for a monster… :smile:

2 Likes

I love that monster story…

:laughing:

I’m glad a small town can make some tourist money with a great story.

I hear because it’s so deep and because of the minerals in the water… it’s a very different water to swim.

2 Likes

Another cool feature of Google Maps…

If logged into your Google account it can find your cell phone…

These voices linked to Google Maps are funny sometimes, I was thinking and talking alone that I should go to Vyborg where my grandfather was born and suddenly on the voice of one of my siblings there was a voice ‘Harjamäkeen’ to Harjamäki’s mental hospital, but it is a mental hospital museum at this time. My aunt stayed there often.

1 Like

Germany is where I would like to go. My mothers whole side of the family are from Germany. I still have some relatives there.

1 Like

why would you need that?

buahahaha sorry i couldnt resist :ok_hand:

1 Like

So - you want to go to the UK and to Newfoundland. Nice, but cooler, places.

1 Like

sorry i just thought the names were funny, i am actually going to a beach tomorrow with friends but i cant post the location bc i am scared

Hmmm… trouble is it can’t tell me if I left it in the car, or if its fallen under my bed. Perhaps of use if its stolen I guess.

Ah - I didn’t notice the street names. Yes - wouldn’t you hate to live on the corner of Dildo Ave. and Butthole Lane.

1 Like

I have the simpliest Samsung phone and I do not think this phone locator service works with it.