Google Assistant

Yes I think you are right. It depends also on LG maybe.

There are 65 million France French speakers compared to the 7-8+ million French Canadian speakers. I would say the market with the highest population get priority.

Would do you mean by it depends on LG? Is your smartphone LG? It’s usually the wireless telecomm carriers that do the software update for the smartphones.

No I think that it may be released first in France. What I wanted to say is that Canadian French is supposed to be released very quickly just because Google wants it quickly in Canada.

For the updates, maybe you know more than me about that. I remember reading that updates are also controlled by cell phone manufacturers like LG (I have a LG G5). I’m not sure about that.

@anubis I think any tech savvy person who has a Google product would want the latest and greatest. Even that news article stated that the French Canadian version of Google Assistant was supposed to be out on the 26th.

As for the software updates for the smartphone, it was just my experience that Nougat was available in April 2017 and not right away in August 2016. Telus, Bell and Rogers have to ensure that the software won’t break customers smartphones since the CRTC has different rules & regulations than the FCC.

1 Like

You seems to know a lot more than me about that and it also seems that you are a Canadian since you know Bell, Telus and the CRTC. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

U both guys are from canada…!!!

2 Likes

Ive always wanted a robot friend that doesnt judge

Im going to use this robot

2 Likes

@exhile

I don’t know for you but the Google Assistant is now available on my phone since yesterday evening.

I can chat with it. I just have to say “Ok Google” and then the window appears.

I can ask it many questions, have a conversation with it. It can tell me jokes.

Google Assistant window:

3 Likes

@anubis So the French version of Google Assistant has finally arrived. My francais is not too bien but I’m trying my best to remember what your screen shot is saying. I haven’t tried Google Assistant on the smart phone yet but reading a news article recently has stated Google Assistant is superior to Siri.

If I now have it in the Canadian French version, you must have it too, unless something is not configured correctly on your cell phone…

1 Like

@anubis I’m not even sure what to ask Google Assistant. I usually use a desktop computer for most of my web browsing. Isn’t Google Assistant supposed to be integrated with Smart Home devices, Google mesh wi-fi and autonomous cleaning robots?

I don’t know at all.

I don’t know yet how much it is useful. Maybe it is only like a toy…

1 Like

@anubis I’m not sure about microphone technology but if Google Assistant can understand a user in a noisy area say like on the street than yes, it can be a helpful tool. There would be some instances where voice is much more convenient than typing.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with that. It’s very useful to ask for some informations using your voice rather than by doing a Google search.

@anubis With the Smart Home Devices and autonomous cleaning robots, you can command Google Assistant to tell the Smart Home devices to lower the temperature, close the blinds and turn on the lights. You could also schedule cleaning robots when to clean your apartment.

That’s what I’m getting at with this Google Assistant technology.

2 Likes

Wow I didn’t know it was possible to do that! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like