"Gone with the Wind"

I liked the movie, in spite of the fact that I found the character of Scarlet O’Hara hard to like. She can’t do anything but manipulate other people, and it is a small step from that to a strong dislike. She never stops. The movie is racist, but it’s no “Birth of a Nation”. That is one film I couldn’t watch because of the racism. In “Gone with the Wind” the blacks are just simple minded and content to be slaves. I didn’t like the fact that Scarlet was all happy and okay with the world the morning after she had been raped by her husband, Rhett Butler.

Scarlett in real life was a nymphomaniac I heard…she was a beautiful woman and I always wished I was one of the serviceman she had called to her house so she could have a thing with them…lucky.

1 Like

I doubt if in real life she looked like Vivian Lee. You never know.

1 Like

I’ve only watched it once. Seemed horrible. Can’t understand the attraction of the film.

1 Like

A lot of attitudes and beliefs have changed since that movie came out. It got ten academy awards, but I think that by today’s standards it wouldn’t do nearly that well. But there was a lot of costume design and scenery effects that were good, for the time.

I saw it in the movie theater rereleased.

1 Like

How was it? , 15

I think I remember being bored.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.