Frisson anyone?

Frisson

Frisson is the French word meaning “shiver”, but in this case, we’re not shivering because we’re cold, we’re shivering because we’re stimulated by music. When we hear a certain piece of music or view a particular work of art, there may be an intense psychological and physiological reaction.

5 Likes

What does frisson say about your brain?

If you can experience frisson it means your brain has strong connections between its auditory processing and emotional centres. Your neural connections are strong and sounds can touch you deeply. You might even be an emotional genius.

3 Likes

Thanks i didnt know that. I get this sometimes. Im a major music lover. Wether listening to it on its own or enjoying the music score within movies or video games.

2 Likes

It says it releases dopamine in the brain when it happens

2 Likes

Yeah i dont doubt it. Im a dopamine fiend.

3 Likes

from google…

Is frisson a dopamine?

Yes, this phenomenon is called frisson and during a frisson there is a release of dopamine and endorphins. However, the entire experience will be a little more complex than just some dopamine release

2 Likes

1 Like

Interesting.

I get that with certain songs. I listen to them frequently because I chase that good feeling.

Didn’t know there’s a word for it.

It also works in the other direction for me…there’s certain music that makes me burst into uncontrollable tears, and that feeling will last for several hours after I turn it off!

Why my husband has to listen to his death metal and stuff like that with his earbuds in. I get absolutely suicidally despondent within about 30 seconds of that kind of stuff.

2 Likes

cool …it can be rare from google study

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.