For those with schizoaffective disorder

What are your symptoms? Mine is paranoia visual and auditory hallucinations, delusions, negative symptoms, and depression. I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective bipolar type.

1 Like

Me I’m sza bipolar type also. I have delusions and visual hallucinations.

I’ve been depressed when I bathed today I didn’t wash my hair I often forget to brush my teeth

I’m sza bipolar type. I have visual and auditory hallucinations. I sometimes do things and am not aware that i have. My negative symptoms are terrible. When I’m manic i do much damage like leaving my marriage and spending very much money. Sometimes it is weeks between showers. I also have a fear of the government

Sza bipolar type. Some visual hallucinations in my peripheral vision, auditory, and tactile hallucinations. Delusions, negative and cognitive symptoms.

Delusions (mostly paranoid)
Negative symptoms
Depression

Is feeling okay one day and depressed the next a sign of having schizoaffective bipolar type

I suspect I’m Sza. I have internal voices and disorganized thinking.

Antidepressants make me manic and I know that’s a symptom of bipolar so I assume I’m the bipolar sub type.

No delusions or external hallucinations luckily.

I also have OCD and pretty sure dissociative identity disorder so I can’t really function most of the time.

Sza,major depression, DID, and a bit of other things I guess, depending on the day…wait, no, more like depending on the hour.
Overheard the pdocs discussing me, saying I’m a “Rapid Cycle’er.”
Felt the need to immediately speak up, didn’t want that error to be stuck in my records forever.

so I brought it to their attention,
that I had not been on a bike since my high school days, and even then, I only rode around the nighborhoods after dinner, and home before dark (mom’s rule.)

There they stood, all silently observing me for what seemed like a hour, then they drew their heads together blocking me from their view, whispering a little too loudly,
Ah yeah, how’d we miss disorganized thinking?

Added to the mix.

1 Like

My diagnosis is still up in the air, but what I do know is that I am bipolar and experience psychosis independently of mood symptoms.

I experience mania, depression, persecutory delusions, paranoia, thought insertion, thought broadcasting, visual hallucinations only when smoking weed, anhedonia, and avolition. Also I think I may occasionally have inappropriate affect, I’ve been laughing during arguments.

I also have social anxiety, PTSD from my manic episodes, and body dysmorphic disorder.

Sza depressive type here. I experience auditory, visual, and tactile hallucinations, lack of motivation, delusions, extreme paranoia, and disorganized thoughts. I do have depression but it is easily controlled with 10 mg Lexapro and 100 mg Lamictal. I get sz symptoms independently of depression.

Depression
Avolition
Voices
Delusions
Intrusive thoughts
Self harm urges on occasion
Mixed episodes (agitated and depressed)
Rare occasions hypomania

You should quit weed.

3 Likes

Schizoaffective disorder depressive type here. My symptoms are visual, auditory and tactile hallucinations, paranoia, anxiety, and depressive mood swings. At my worst I had a running commentary and command hallucinations telling me to commit suicide. I now take 200mg of lamictal for the mood swings and 120mg of Geodon and 1mg of Klonopin to control the other symptoms.

I here voices, and I have had delusions. My normal mood is slightly depressed. Sometimes I get really depressed. I used to have a panic disorder and misused benzodiazapines. I quit the tranquilizers cold with no help 19 years ago. I am doing a whole lot better than when I was younger. I hardly hear voices.

Oh yeah don’t worry i quit a while ago lol. Miss the relief and happiness it gave me, but not worth it anymore for sure.

Paranoia, visual & tactile hallucinations, delusions, issues w concentration/motivation, depression, thought insertion

I’ve been diagnosed with Sza bipolar type for many years by many different pdoc’s. I am 58 years old. When I was in my teens, 20’s and 30’s, I was extremely depressed and suicidal along with paranoia, telepathy and thought reception. In my mid 40’s, my mood symptoms eased and I began hearing audible, mumbling voices and the paranoia increased along with other audible,visual, tactile and olfactory hallucinations. In my mid 50’s, all my positive symptoms and mood symptoms went away and were replaced by cognitive impairment, apathy, low motivation, flat affect, poor memory and social withdrawal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.