Foodie thread

Yum :drooling_face:. That sounds yummy :drooling_face:

2 Likes

You tell ‘em sir !!!

1 Like

According to my dad the food at the Chinese buffet is full of sugar. Just sayin’. Y’all eat what you want.

1 Like

A Chinese buffet? Full of sugar? Perhaps some Chinese food though I would put a percentage of less than 25% of the dishes and or Chinese cuisine at that. Chinese food does have healthy choices such as vegetables 芥蓝 (gai lan), 白菜 (bai cai), 豆腐 (dou fu).

1 Like

Maybe it’s just the buffets in the United States. Idk. That’s why I said “according to my dad” cos he doesn’t know everything

1 Like

The grocery store sushi is so bland. The rice in good sushi packs a bit of a punch in terms of flavour.

2 Likes

Yep! A good rice vinegar and sugar combo goes a long way.

2 Likes

Bratwurst/potato/yellow onion/carrot/seeet corn/little cheddar

I like these paper bowls because they serve less and throws away easily :+1:

7 Likes

Is that a German dish?

1 Like

It came out of a cooking magazine like 5 years ago

2 Likes

Fried egg on a garden salad

Something about the warm protein mixed with the cool/wet greens…

13 Likes

10 Likes

Honey glazed carrots with parsley garnish.

9 Likes

I recommend this:

2 Likes

i am currently addicted to sugar cookies. i like to make them slightly soft and chewy

8 Likes

I made bread yesterday and again today. For dinner I made onigiri (rice balls) stuffed with pulled pork. For a side we had broccoli.

3 Likes

@yinyang @Loke i did martial arts with a Chinese man who owned a restaurant here in the US. He said they add a lot of sugar to please the American pallet

2 Likes

I’ve actually gotten the bigger avocados and when ripe they are so good and sweet, over double the price as the small ones but worth it! Sooooo good! I eat them raw and plain

Birria taco

13 Likes

Are you still working @Schwann ? How’s it going?