Foodie thread

Avocado/onion/cilantro on bread

I’ve heard in Central America where avocados literally ‘grow in trees’ people eat them al day long. I’ve also heard that they are much bigger and not ‘the same’ avacodo we get in the states

It’s really a Treat for me

7 Likes

My breakfast at the moment, french toast with ham, cheese, fried tomato and rockets (rucola) - is rockets the same as rucula?

15 Likes

I didn’t get much love on my avocado post. Here is something different.

I’m going to bake it and throw it on a cold salad

:100:

Thats cilantro on top

12 Likes

That looks good. I love lamb,but it’s very expensive in the UK.

3 Likes

Looks delicious. Im going for salmon tomorrow. I guess its capers on top? I like all capers but prefer the ones that are salted.

1 Like

My kid’s first attempt at California rolls.

:blush:

18 Likes

The word for avocado in Spanish came from the I think Nahuatl word which means “testicle”. Yeppers.

2 Likes

Oh gross thanks a lot for that info lol :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Haha. Sorry I really can’t help myself

Avocado. The English word avocado is a transliteration first used in the late 1600s of the Spanish word aguacate , which came from the Nahuatl name for the indigenous fruit, āhuacatl. … The shape of avocados wasn’t compared only to pears: the original Nahuatl word also means “testicle.”

3 Likes

Is there a female avocado plant? And what’s does it produce?

2 Likes

I don’t know. My daughter’s boyfriend is a biology major in college. I’ll ask him

1 Like

I asked her boyfriend. He said there is a female avocado plant. He didn’t tell me what they produce.

1 Like

That kale recipe looks interesting, @Loke

2 Likes

We make chop chae with those noodles! So yummy!

3 Likes

You should try it. It’s delicious

2 Likes

@anon63380492 i made red lentils the other day. It’s basically red lentils & a can of diced tomatoes with curry, onions, a little cumin a little salt. So easy and yummy. It’s got curry in it so I figured you’d like it.

2 Likes

@Loke Aww thanks for sharing. Yes I love curry lol.i don’t have red lentils but I can get them. I’m going to make split peas soup tomorrow with left over ham…

2 Likes

Awesome… I want to learn that too.

2 Likes

I’ll never buy the crappy deli sushi again since mine taste a million times better though they are not always pretty to look at but they’ll do.

Well tbf you can’t call grocery store deli sushi actual sushi. It’s watered down to fulfill the unadventureous palette of culinary ignorant Americans.

4 Likes

Lol.

I would like to add that my local grocery store sells a “Hot Cheetos” roll.

…Every time somebody buys one, an elderly sushi chef in Kyoto cries.

2 Likes