Flagging of posts, moderating and tolerance

Atabo I actually understand what you are saying and believe so myself…
I do not think every instance of schizophrenia is a result of what you are saying, but some is…
The metaphysical, unseen, spiritual realms…that’s the same thing some of us covered in the shamans thread or my thread about paranoia being a primal trait in the brain back to the days when people had to watch for very real dangers.

The problem arises when people are trying to figure out causes. there is no cure all. If a person is experiencing a metaphysical phenomenon, no amount of therapy or medication will help. It might suppress things but not cure. What such a person needs is guidance and understanding so they can explore and gain control of the unseen environment.

In the other hand if the cause is medical, or due to traumas, a different approach is needed, in some cases medication. But as with trauma, which I have had some, there are ways to work with that through differnt types of therapy some which can include a holistic approach from a spiritual/metaphysical angle.

2 Likes

@atabo

There are sometimes physical medical causes for hallucinations, but i do largely agree much of it is spiritual. In fact I know my so called symptoms are.
I learned to deal with the negative entities by #1 relying on God and faith in Gods power, or Gods power given to me,
2) learning all I can about the nature of the entities and how to deal with them using wisdom, and sometimes outsmarting them.
3) Simply accepting this all as natural and not freaking out over it.

There are some practical things I do…I know if I drink alcohol, or drink to excess i should say, that can open the lower realms and cause a psychosis. Solution was to entirely quit drinking.

Another practical solution is not to let myself get distracted by mundane earthly things to excess, like I used to work very long hours overtime, or take on way too much responsibility all at once, leaving no time for spiritual exploration…while it didn’t lead to psychosis, it could generate anxiety, or feeling burnt out and depressed.

And just to maintain a healthy study and practice of faith. It works. No medication, and I haven’t been to a therapist in over a year. Even the last therapist I saw was ready to change my diagnoses from schizoaffective to general anxiety. She felt I no longer fit the criteria of the diagnoses.

I had to look up the definition of ontological :blush: Not that I mind learning a new word.

What do you believe sz is? Do you believe sz exists?

Everyone experiences things differently including hallucinations.

Um, actually you have not read my posts very much.
I have and occasionally do experience things that would be called hallucination and by extent delusions.
I have seen manifestations of entities, shadow people, ghosts, creatures, lights, a few tactile feelings like worms crawling under the skin. I had my first vision when i was 8 years old, and numerous ones over the years since then spanning over 40 years.
I have heard audible voices and inaudible ones from external entities that give me teachings. I’ve worked with visions…I had 3 entities appear to me and i arranged with them to go appear to someone else and they did, so they were also seen by someone else.
I posted a whole thread with drawings of entities I have seen.

To answer your other questions, physical brain trauma, the use of drugs, tumors, etc can cause hallucinations.