FDA finds contamination in several brands of diabetes drug

The Food and Drug Administration said late Thursday that several batches of the drug metformin tested positive for unsafe levels of a chemical called N-Nitrosodimethylamine. The agency has stepped up testing after the chemical was found in dozens of shipments of heartburn drugs last year, triggering recalls of Zantac and other popular over-the-counter and prescription medications.

2 Likes

Woa. That’s pretty interesting to say the least.

The agency noted that no contamination problems have been found in immediate-release metformin.

I’m taking immediate release so that puts my mind at rest somewhat.

1 Like

They just got over a recall of metformin like 2 months ago! Ugh. John is on it, doesn’t take any of his meds like he’s supposed it, but a few years back 3 meds he was on all were recalled or pulled period so since then he’s on my ass for meds (only my heart ones, i forget them ■■■■■■■■ for some reason, even on a schedule) but he only takes them when he feels like it.

At least he finally learned to swallow pills, he was 34 before he learned how, but still, lol. That was an even worse fight.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.