Favourite Musician(s)

List your top 3 favourite musicians and why you like them.

1. Tupac Shakur (Revolutionized rap music with his unique story telling and always spoke from his heart)
  2. Kurt Cobain (Revolutionized rock music and related to people that were struggling with mental illness)
  3. The Weeknd (revolutionized pop music and considered a modern day “Michael Jackson”)

Tupac-was my idol growing up I listened to only him for like 2 years of high school at least.

Kendrick Lamar-I feel him and he’s mad creative and I think he’s a good role model

Jim Morrison-my favorite individual rock star. Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd’s my favorite bands but Morrison is my favorite individual musician in rock.

1 Like

Kim Deal, I like her style as a musician. I find her music unique.

Ian Curtis’, God I love that man. I know he was suffering in his last years. He was awesome.

Maria Taylor, her songs make me cry. Someone once told me I had great taste in music because I listened to her. She’s a good songwriter singer.

1 Like

I can’t pick 3. i’ll name a few in no particular order…vampire weekend, m ward, black keys, john prine, Sturgill simpson, paul simon, jj cale, ryan adams, cat power, harry Connick jr. rolling stones, mark knopfler, Jason isbell , that’s just off the top of my head.

I admit I haven’t followed new music in about 6 to 8 years. so I have some catching up to do. just lack the motivation to start going through genres looking for stuff I like.

1 Like

Jimmy Page - Great guitarist as well as songwriter and record producer. He was able to push many boundaries musically.

Layne Staley - Had an amazing voice and sang about some pretty dark stuff. He always sang his heart out.

Juicy J - Excellent rapper and producer, has been relevant for over 20 years. I admire his hustle, he is a pretty funny guy and I think he may like drugs a little ha.

2 Likes

LS! I prefer female singers. Tina Turner, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keyes.

1 Tyler Joseph for his bravery
2 Robert Plant for his soul
3 Rod Stewart for his heart

Ludovico Einaudi- wonderful contemporary classical composer and pianist. He’s my piano hero.
Phillip Glass- amazing contemporary classical minimalist composer. Another hero.
Vladmir Horowitz- awesome classical pianist. Superhero.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.