Favorite Holiday movies

What are some of your favorite holiday movies?

My personal fave is ‘It’s A Wonderful Life.’

It’s a beautiful portrait of redemption and friendship.

I highly recommend watching it without commercials too.

6 Likes

I’m going to be kind of basic here and say my favorite holiday movies are Home Alone, Die Hard and the cartoon version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

2 Likes

The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Krampus.

2 Likes

Haha! Die Hard is classic.

1 Like

My family used to watch “White Christmas” together starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye every year on Christmas.

1 Like

Nothing says Merry Christmas like Bruce Willis blowing up and shooting people.
Yippy-ky-ay.

2 Likes

Haha!

The Ben Stiller Show (I think that’s the name of it) did a funny skit of Die Hard. They parodied that exact line too.

1 Like

It’s a Wonderful Life is my favorite. I also love a Christmas Story.

1 Like

Home Alone as I was like 3rd grade when it came out. I’m trying to find it bargain bin for under 5 bucks hopefully. I could Amazon it, but would rather not unless i can earn my gift cards from my surveys for it. Even Redbox doesn’t have it for Xmas, but they have Nightmare BeforecXmas…confused about that one.

And my kids when they were younger when we had Cartoon Network liked the animated Grandma got run over by a reindeer, kinda cute, not my thing really though.

And one of my last memories of my Papa before he died Nov 2006 was USA network did a marathon of Elf like every year. So he was at home hospice and thought he’d watch it as he’d never seen it before…I tried to warn him how stupid it was…he told me that I should have warned him harder, lol. For a man that never drank, he wanted to have a cocktail with me to forget that crap he said, made me laugh at 8 months pregnant, so I didn’t drink and neither did he, but it was a good memory. He and I can’t/couldn’t stand Will Ferrell. We shared a mutual depisement of the man. Oh Papa, my best friend, I hope there’s good movies you enjoy in the next life.

1 Like

Home alone 1&2, Love Actually, The Holiday, the Jim Carrey version of The Grinch

1 Like

Disney’s a Christmas carol, the holiday, polar express. I’ve never really seen the ones like miracle on 34th street. However I do like the new grinch that came out last yead

1 Like

You’re all wrong. The correct answer is national lampoons christmas vacation :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think I saw someone mention trading places. Is in my top 5 movies. It never occurred to me it was a Xmas movie but yes it is!

2 Likes

Charlie Brown Christmas is probably my favorite. Then Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town

1 Like

A Christmas Carol. It gets me in the Christmas spirit every time. ……… How the Grinch Stole Christmas …………… Charlie Brown Christmas

1 Like

I like it’s a wonderful life and miracle on 34th street.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly on “it’s a wonderful life”.
I like “shrek the halls” too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.