Favorite Comedians?

Mine is George Carlin. I love his angry style towards the problems in the world. Here are my favorite sects

3 Likes

Andy Kaufman

1 Like

Mel Brooks

1 Like

Love him, too.

My current favorite is Bill Maher.

1 Like

Aw, you’re all so close. Off course the correct answer for who your favourite comedian is

Bill Hicks

1 Like

I like another Bill. Murray.

1 Like

Martin Short

Catherine O’Hara

2 Likes

She was great in Schitt’s Creek.

My favorite of her is in Orange County.

Totally underrated performance.

1 Like

Jim Carrey. Because of how much laughter he induced in me as a child. And maybe a bit of bill burr too.

1 Like

Bill Burr, Bill Maher, Chris Rock, Maria Bamford.

I haven’t really been into comedians for quite some time though. I used to watch them on Comedy Central in my 20s and I had a year or so back in the 2010’s where I watched lots of standup on Netflix.

Lately I’ve been kind of anti-certain comedians that punch down, like Ricky Gervais and Dave Chapelle. These are folks I used to like but no longer do. Same thing with Louis CK. Using the three letter F word is never necessary in a joke, it’s like using the N word.

2 Likes

Well as a young teen boy my favorites were Adam Sandler and Chris Farley.

Now at 39…

I like (says with a straight face) good wholesome jokesters that are the pinnacle of home entertainment on the color TV.

2 Likes

Hahaha your last sentence there makes me smile. I too enjoy the moving picture box.

1 Like

Shoot, not too many make me laugh nowadays… I like Greg Proops always a big source of sarcasm and irony, and Pablo DiFrancisco, although the last couple thins I’ve seen from him were kinda off… Otherwise I haven’t seen much that makes me laugh but I’m always open to new stuff…

1 Like

“All what war is is a bunch of people out in a field waving their pricks at one another!”

1 Like

George Carlin, Dave Chapelle and recently Sebastian Maniscalco.

Sebastian Maniscalco is hilarious! :joy:

4 Likes

George Carlin was a real legend, I was upset when he died.

I should also mention Trevor Moore here, he was the lead of a troupe of comedians known as the WKUK (whitest kids u know) from IFC. Their sketch show ran for 5 seasons and Trevor made a movie with one of the other WKUK, Zach Cregger (director of the film Barbarian) called Miss March. Unfortunately, Trevor died a couple years back from a fatal fall.

Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, Jerry Lewis, Jim Carrey.

2 Likes

I like Bill Burr. His podcast is good too. :whale::whale::whale:

2 Likes