Family forum

I think you’re missing the point here. Just because your family treats you that way doesn’t mean everyone’s does. They’re not on Facebook, it’s a family support forum for God’s sake, and you have no right to call anyone on those forums drama queens or attention seekers. Most of them seem to be doing their best.

1 Like

I’m going soon. I feel sick.

If you’re a mother who’s 5’2, 130lbs, how the hell are you supposed to control your 6’ 220lb son without the paramedics or the police?

2 Likes

What’s wrong? Is this too much? We can go to a different thread and talk about something else if you want.

I guess me calling them that makes me ignorant, but there is a little guilt. Hate me. The meds just made me numbed out. I don’t care what people think of me anymore. I guess I just believe half this ■■■■ online is fake especially on the family forum. It doesn’t make sense that they aren’t productive and everything they say is one ginormous paragraph, can’t they make small talk?

If it bothers you that much, stay away from it. You wouldn’t want someone coming here and saying you need to post different. It isn’t all about you and how you feel. That is their forum for their needs.

3 Likes

Ok, sounds good

Look, @Sardonic sorry for arguing. I understand your point im not going to argue any more. I know it’s not all about me, but my mind is programmed to think that no matter what I do. I’ll work on it. If we continue to argue, I don’t want to say the wrong thing, and get lashed out on by people here then my self esteem will really go down. Its hard to fix my reaction when it is so hardwired in me

Well, I mean, you weren’t doing anything wrong per se. You just have to look at it from a different perspective. Imagine yourself at your most psychotic. How would you feel if you had to take care of someone exactly like that, only they were like that constantly? I know I’d be at the end of my rope, not having the slightest idea of what to do about such a situation. I commend my mom, honestly, because I would’ve just put me in a group home and called it a day. Don’t get me wrong; my mom has said her fair share of pretty messed up sh it to me, but I now understand that it came from a place of fear and frustration, not anger or hatred.

Now I’m afraid to go outside, I was going to go for a walk, but I don’t want people harassing me because my mom says I look “vulnerable” when I walk. I hate thinking people I graduated high school with are in those cars, and harass me. They harassed me yesterday, screaming out the window, saying my name. Now that I said all this stuff about those families, that I take back, I’m afraid bad karma is going to follow me. Now I’m isolated

My mom was either going to put me in a group home, or state hospital, but my bf saved me

I guess it’s all to fresh and I still have hate over the endless arguments that would still be going on if I didn’t meet my bf. Because I wasn’t doing drugs or alcohol. My mom could not understand, she was going to throw me out so many times then I was told to be evicted it takes months

But you didn’t do anything wrong. You believed what you were saying to be true. That’s not being a bad person, it’s called being blinded by your own perception. Intent matters, and you didn’t say that with the intent to hurt anyone. I’m not sure if karma is real or not, but from my understanding of it, you kind of have to have known you were being an ass before the actual deed to experience karmic retribution. What’s the point of punishing people for something they didn’t know was wrong? So I think you still have good karma.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I was blinded but now my perception is different. Sorry everyone

1 Like

aww :hugs:

Do you still feel sick?

1 Like

No. But I do need to take medicine in an hour. Gotta get something to eat

1 Like

I’m starting to believe that relation with my father is permanently ruined.His wife was so abusive and I decided after seventh time that they were abusive to me while drinking and each time I left without saying a word,to finally confront her.She said that I should tell her openly why I dislike her talking to me,I said that is tone she addresses to me.My father interfered after that and was angry and I had to leave the house without saying goodbye.Don’t know what to do except not calling me again.
That is the situation that’s been going since I was a kid.He used to beat us and was so abusive to my mother to point of nearly hit her sometimes.Poor woman divorced him after she was already sick physically from him.She died knowing that I should be left alone and abused by him.

This problem is most certainly present in the black community. Almost every black person I know had a distant, if not absent, father. My dad up and left to care for another family and married the woman who treated us like sh it while he slept all day. Like seriously, we got in trouble for making food for ourselves and the babies when my dad refused to get out of bed and our stepsister couldn’t quit having sex long enough to cook anyone food but herself and her boy toy. You have no idea how many peanut butter and jelly or pb and honey sandwiches we ate that summer.

The issue is obviously present in other races too because we had an entire unit in health devoted to “deadbeat dads.” And no, it wasn’t a short unit. So anyway, don’t feel too bad. You have to put yourself first. If your relationship with your dad is abusive and toxic, then it needs to end.

1 Like

I’ve heard many stories from people who got worst then me.I understand you went through a lot.I don’t resend him for anything.I kept in contact with him from my stupidity.Even after all abuse,I felt like one day he may need help about his health and I thought I was obligated to take care of him.He still didn’t figure out that one day when he would be sick and alone there will be no one to take care of him.Again,my stupidity for thinking like that.

It isn’t your place to take care of anyone that was abusive. I told my husband that for years about his abusive family. It finally sunk in when his mother accused US of being abusive to our kids. This b!tch knows that we will always put the kids before our needs and she never would do that for her kids. She let her boyfriend d’s steal from my husband when he was young and even tried sleeping with his friends. She let his stepdad physically abuse him and verbally abuse the other boys. My husband had put up with all this until I put my foot down, but he still talked to her until she said the bad stuff about us and the kids. Now she could be dead now for all I know or care. She deserves to be alone.

2 Likes