Extremely anxious about new job

I start a new part-time driving job on Monday. I’m going to deliver Amazon packages. It’s been about a month-long hiring process, and I haven’t been anxious about it all, until the last few days. I’ve had to tap into my ativan supply – which I haven’t done in months. I just hope I can form some relationships with my co-workers and supervisors – I’m very anxious about that. The driving part won’t be bad

Any advice/words would be appreciated, especially from those who do work

2 Likes

Believe in yourself and accept yourself
Congratulate yourself
Be kind to yourself

4 Likes

I started a driving job recently and most of the time you are on your own so you don’t actually have to talk to your co-workers that much. Just drop the odd conversation when you see them you will be fine.

2 Likes

I just hope I can handle the workload. I believe I can, but I’m still anxious about it. My last job ended poorly

1 Like

What happened at your last job? Driving jobs are pretty straight forward, it is not like you have to handle business meetings, and part-time is ok too.

I worked at a pizza shop, delivering pizzas. I just heard voices at the shop, kinda freaked out and had an anxiety attack.

Yeah, I’m starting part-time. 20 hours a week. I do enjoy driving jobs because the lack of communicating you have to do.

2 Likes

Good luck, take breaks when you need them and don’t push yourself too hard, it should help you lose weight and keep fit at the same time.

1 Like

thanks @shellys12 , it’s nice to hear some encouragement

Best of luck! I just started delivering pizzas my self, it is going ok.

1 Like

thanks! I delivered pizzas for years before I got sz. I enjoyed it, for the most part

1 Like

Your welcome
Will be worth it when you get your first payslip

1 Like

Weigh up the benefits of having something to do and some anxiety now. Once you get routine then you will be fine.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about that. Once I get into the routine of it, it won’t be so bad. Thanks

best of luck to you zelke…I hope you manage well…

2 Likes

Just try to be friendly. Just give a lot of “Hi’s” and smiles. Once you get a reputation as being friendly and people get used to you it should be easier to get along. As to the actual workload; my motto for years was that if I was healthy and teachable than I would be able to do most jobs I applied for. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself, you will make mistakes but there’s a learning curve on most jobs. They won’t expect you to learn everything on your first few days or weeks but just try to do your job competently.

1 Like

thanks for the advice, @77nick77

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.