Estrogen and breast exams

Im currently learning about boobs

Estrogen which can drive a womans emotions is also responsible for breast development/size. Women with large breasts tend to have higher levels of estrogen and are more prone to mood swings. But you can also still have small breasts and have high estrogen levels. A womans lifelong estrogen exposure is an important risk factor for the development of breast cancer and endometrial cancer. Increased estrogen exposure is also associated with early menarch, and late menopause.
And then theres insulin. Insulin stimulates the ovaries to produce estrogen. Type two diabetics with insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia may have a greater risk of breast cancer and endometrial carcinoma.

In america, the number one killer is heart desiese followed by lung cancer then breast cancer if your genotypically female and prostate if your genotype is male. followed by collorectal cancer if you outlive those. the only cure for cancer is prevention. prevention means screening. annually with imaging and also periodically at home. the goal is to catch it before it grows and invades the surrounding structures

1 Like

I really worry for my step sister, as my step fathers side of the family is riddled with women dying before they hit 40 from breast cancer.

It would be an absolute disaster if it happened to her - she has 4 kids to look after

I hope I don’t get colon cancer. I don’t want a stoma.

Good luck with your exams

1 Like

There are two notorious alleles that are responsible for breast cancer. usually if screened in advance and with matching family history a woman carrying both genes is recommended to have a double massectomy as a preventative measure. it is hardcore in my opinion but is becoming very much more so common these days

1 Like

because if they carry both genes their risk of developing breast cancer is much larger than 50%

1 Like

It’s so sad that these things exist and we cannot figure out a iron-clad treatment

cancer is nothing more than uncontrolled cellular growth, it is a cornerstone to evolution that is why it exists. it sucks but the treatments have improved greatly over the past few decades at least

So one day biologically we may transcend the illness? Sorry if I mis-understood

i dont know what transcend means in that context. but we all started off as a single cell and proliferated. cancer is this exact process albeit owning to a failure of the regulatory processes that govern this. one of the coolest things about the human body is that no cell in the body lives linger than 5-15 years aside from the myocytes of the heart. so the only way to explain living to 100yrs old is proliferation

This seems super interesting

I was good at science when I was a kid, but someone had the courtesy to offer me drugs, and I screwed up

Are you studying this kinda thing?

yes i am. I also started smoking weed in 6th grade then rolled my way through intermediate and highschool…, but finally gave all that up so its never too late to follow your passions and rebuild. anyone can accomplish just about anything if their practicle and disciplined enough. look at youir landscaping business, im sure your kicking ass in it

1 Like

Thanks @gcar

Good luck with the studies, seems like you’re pulling at a thread that has a lot to offer in terms of understanding this stuff!

I also went back to studies when I was 23, but I did an arts degree. If I was to change anything about that, I would have gone down the STEM route, but it was a fairly unplanned re-introduction to education.

reminds me of what i wrote on my girls starbucks cup thismorning. ‘grow through what you go through’ which you probably did so you dont need school anymore to get you where you want to be which must be releaving. me i chose medicine as my trait because at the very least ill be able to apply it to my own health or at least thats what i hope. i gotta get back to cramming for my exam, have a good one

i heard cruciferous veggies like brussel sprouts and broccoli have anti estrogen properties. dont know if it’s true, just something i read.

How much genetics is schizophrenia? Wikipedia says 70-80%, is that true? I know that parents dont necessarily have sz and can be carrying silent sz genes.

Im not sure but I think it doesnt have to necessarially be in the immediate family it can be from uncles grandparents ect

1 Like

genetics is hard bro, definatly one of my weaker subjects

2 Likes

I had taken a genetics biology class as an elective but cancelled it after a few days. Its too hard.
I did much better in the anatomy, neuroscience and physiology courses than the cell biology course I took. Never took biology as an elective again lol

But the core physiology, neuroscience and anatomy classes I took in physiotherapy are much easier than the ones in medicine. We dissected dead bodies though and had exams on naming dissection parts. The hardest for me were liver parts, they all look the same lol!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.