Employment Support Thread

Who knew @zwolfgang was a genius? :joy:

1 Like

Im banking on them taking a chance on me. I dont have a lot of software engineering experience but I know how to think like an engineer so I hope theyll take that into account.

Also the ‘bootcamp’ Im planning on doing lasts a full year and has a capstone project at the end of it. Supposedly they also have career help and have guaranteed job placement. I hope they mean good jobs lol

But yeah its way cheaper than other programs and looks really good tbh, Im hoping its all I need to get going

Are you doing the courses at a university?

What exactly is a data scientist @Joker ?

Could i do it?

Im not an engineer though

I’m still looking for a job.

COVID-19 sucks.

1 Like

You can basically write code to pull together lots of complex data sets, and build predictive models and analyse trends to give companies and organisations information they possess but cannot get to due to the complexities involved

That’s it in a nut shell.

It’s a pretty complicated job, but interesting and very well paid if you find the right opportunity

3 Likes

Yes it’s a university course.

I am just waiting for the Phd who teaches the math to get back to me to see if I can do the course or not

1 Like

Bump 543345554444

got my job back! ill start tomorrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good job :+1::+1: hope it goes well

1 Like

best of wishes with it the_fool

1 Like

I have an interview tomorrow

It’s for a Sales Operations Manager for Insights

Am super nervous, but if I get this job I will be happy

Always a gamble as to whether I can hold out on the stress factor

7 Likes

Good luck!

I just got a job as a custom framer. It’s a pretty chill job but kind of tedious and they’ve been working me too much. I had to ask for reduced hours

1 Like

Thanks @Froge

I just have to try and not screw up the interview, as on paper, my experience for this is perfect

Reduced hours does work well. My last employed job I ended up on a 3 day week

For me I don’t care much for money - it’s just a means to an end

What I want is something that I get up in the morning for with some motivation to do the job and not feel pain or that it’s a chore!

2 Likes

I’m planning to do some volunteer work soon. I’m looking forward to it. Most of the stuff going on around here is tele-health or online. Since I have been vaccinated I’m not scared of delta. The only thing holding me back is that I don’t have transportation or housing of my own…I really want some on hands experience with certain jobs. I wanted to do human services as a career, so maybe while i take a break from class I’ll do some volunteer work.

I think that would be a good thing to do @anon69073975

Need to keep the mind working and active

Are you training to work in Human Services?

1 Like

I have been at a community college but its really difficult because they use the old online platform its called blackboard. Its not engaging at all. I’m going to try to learn online at a different website because I feel like Im wasting my efforts at the school I enrolled in. Plus they took a bunch of scholarship money from me and I’m trying to get that back because I only took a few classes and one of the main teachers wasn’t even teaching for the whole semester because she was pregnant or on leave.

When i studied im gonna do practise, try to be social, and maybe get a job.

Been dragging my ass to work every shift and somehow making it through.

1 Like

I am ■■■■■■■ losing my ■■■■

Now I have two interviews and the referral to employment support services through mental health is being very SLOW

They ditched me, now I am trying to get them back

1 Like

That’s why I hate really small towns. Very few jobs and the good ones only ever go to those who are “connected.”

2 Likes