Dogs are a whole lot of work!

Puppies are so much harder than babies.

4 Likes

Maybe harder when the baby isn’t mobile, but man two year olds wear me out a lot faster than any dog has lol

3 Likes

Yes lol 2 years old are sooo tiering.

2 Likes

I have a good solution. Find a pug/pug mix that you can rescue instead of buying from a breeder or puppy mill or pet store. There are lots of no kill shelters and rescues that have dogs looking for homes.

5 Likes

I adopted my one dog from a shelter but I got him as a puppy.

Unfortunately the majority of dogs in shelters in my area have a lot of behavioral issues.
Also I’m not looking to get a pit bull, the majority of dogs in shelters are pit bulls and pit bull mixes. @CoCo

3 Likes

There is nothing like a pug. I know you know what i mean cos you have had one before. They are very very loyal and companion dogs.

2 Likes

Yes Pugs are wonderful @Qwerty

2 Likes

Cant walk anywhere in my house without bella there at my feet.

2 Likes

Its just a shame what breeders have done to them. But no dog is without its health issues.

2 Likes

This is true @Qwerty
Mixed breeds are usually healthier than pure bred dogs

2 Likes

I know a lady who lives nearby here and they have a puggle (pug mixed with beagle) have you thought about a pug mix puppy ?

2 Likes

Well to be honest @Qwerty
I’ve been doing some more thinking about it and right now I’m not ready to get a dog.
As you know, they are a lot of work and I’m not ready to commit myself to such a big responsibility.

I know that my father wants us to get a dog but I’m the one who will be doing all the work.

4 Likes

how is your future looking after your dad goes. will you be able to stay where you are and keep the dog? sometimes having to move some places won’t accept pets.

2 Likes

Yes @jukebox i considered this as well.
I don’t know where I will be living in the future.

2 Likes

I got my Shih Tzu from a rescue. I used petfinder.com. You can search by breed and distance from home on that site. Good luck!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m familiar with Petfinder
I’m no longer looking to get a dog, at least not currently.

Thanks @CoCo

2 Likes

Oh ok. I understand. It’s a ton of work and responsibility

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.