Does this forum help you?

I think people are getting sick of me because I don’t know if I am progressing in my recovery.

7 Likes

No one’s sick of you. And most people take forever to progress in their recovery. Sometimes it can even be 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Or sometimes it’s only steps backward. I assume your talking about recovery from psychosis right?

6 Likes

Wow no ways , I really like the questions you come up with.
Its like a whole field of questions.
You have to be just patient as you gain lots of insights.
Also, you know most complain this site is addictive.
Ever wondered why?

5 Likes

This forum does help me. I am told I’m delusional and people are still nice to me so I don’t think people are sick of you due to that. Plus, I haven’t noticed people getting irritated with you about other things either

4 Likes

Hey, I’ve not been irritated by you. Sometimes I get a bit triggered here, so I tend not to reply or participate if that happens.

Overall this place is helpful though. I hope you stay and that you, and everyone here will be patient with the pace of your recovery.

4 Likes

I find this forum most helpful indeed. It’s impossible for me to “check myself” and being able to see other people’s reactions to situations and sometimes to my own is invaluable to me.

3 Likes

Im new to the forum, but i really appreciate how kind everyone is to each othet. And i love having people i can relate to. Its so hard to open up to people in my life because no one understands what its like to have schizophrenia. So it has been helping me. As far as being sick of you, i doubt anyone is. Some posts dont get as many comments as others but i doubt it’s personal. Everyone seems genuine in their want to support one another.

7 Likes

Without this forum,
I would explode
by holding all this hell
inside me

8 Likes

I am not here to recover honestly, if I can recover I will recover on my own. I am here to have a good time, not feel lonely, and to pass time. I do have friends and family to socialize with but I don’t feel comfortable with them like here because they don’t have mental illness.

6 Likes

Not so much help.

This is why it is important to keep a recovery journal. What progress we make is so incremental that it can usually only be seen over time. Being able to look at the journal and see that you HAVE actually improved really helps with motivation.

4 Likes

It helps me and I also try to help others.

I found I would go through periods of “I’m fine I don’t need a support forum anymore” so I’d feel like deleting my account but then like clockwork I get some sort of symptoms. Having the forum as a support line even if it’s just for venting or just talking about it is a big help.

Being able to relate to others experiences is a big one too.

I don’t know anyone outside of the forum that deals with hallucinations and stuff.

8 Likes

One of my faves posts is your question saving the girl from the dragon :blush:

3 Likes

I can assure you that’s not the case…

Maybe if you went to a different forum (Not necessarily online), you’d struggle to find anyone who really cares.

For me I get the impression from the people who take time to respond that they’re supportive, and I am personally an advocate of peer to peer support (Which in my locality does not exist IRL!)

3 Likes

I was once in a park and saw a group of four young men and women on a blanket who were deaf. They were talking rapidly with their hands. They looked so happy I had the urge to go up to them but that would have been very inappropriate. I get comfort from this website and admire the positivity I see.

3 Likes

Do you have the charity Mind running in your area? I’m not sure if it’s just where I am or of its all over the country, but here they run peer support groups. It’s still mostly via zoom here which I find difficult, but I’ve been trying for about 3 weeks now and it’s been positive for me. And it’s nothing to do with the cmht, and anyone can self refer.

2 Likes

I find that this forum is very helpful, to me. I only have one IRL friend. But I don’t see her very often.

This forum gives me positive interactions with other people just like me, every single day. Some days on the forum are really slow, but most days have plenty of people posting threads and talking in different threads.

I like, that on this forum, I can talk about mental illness (whenever), physical illness (just here and there), life in general (whenever), and there are even silly threads to make us laugh.

10 Likes

@Aziz - but really it does help you if it helps you get through the day - even if its to pass the time - its a form of socialization that is easier for me as an isolationist.

5 Likes

We all share one huge thing common lol, hmmmm but I can’t put my finger on it……

Lol be in all seriousness it’s cool to relate with people who deal with same ■■■■.

8 Likes

Definitely, I love your support and couldn’t cope without it!

4 Likes