Does Aripiprazole/Abilify cause psychosis

I am planning to switch to aripiprazole /Abilify and would like to know does any one have problems of psychosis with it .It says it is an anti psychotic then why do they have psychosis.
I would like to try with lower dose to begin with and then switch completely .

Hi. Every med affects everyone differently. Talk with your doctor about any concerns you may have.

Some meds unexpectedly make a condition worse instead of better, but it’s kind of unpredictable. There is a DNA test by gene sight that can tell you what you’re likely to respond well to, but it isn’t 100% accurate.

My pdoc and me are considering to either switch to or add abilify. It’s one of the AP I have not been on yet. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I’m still gathering info on it.

I take abilify and it works to prevent my psychotic symptoms.

It’s my 10th day on it and so far I haven’t felt any different, I still having my psychotic symptoms but it’s still early days yet

It usually takes about a month to 6 weeks for it to work.

2 Likes

Ah okay thanks I was going to ask how long

1 Like

I’m on Aripirazole (Abilify) 30mg. For me, it only takes away the auditory hallucinations and not the tactile hallucinations.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.