Does anybody do this?

I groan or yell out loud… softly though. I do this every time I’m feeling terrible and it makes me feel better.

4 Likes

Yeah I get into negative thought sets and like voice usually derogative words about myself. It is aloud but I’ve learned to keep it quite enough. I try hard to avoid such times. I get it mainly when driving as I zone out a bit. Staying busy helps. Keeps the mind in a better place!

1 Like

All my screaming is internal.

7 Likes

Saaaaame. Except for when I’m in my car. I usually turn the music all the way up and scream… well until someone stops at the same red light as me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If I’m feeling very unwell, I sometimes groan while pulling my own hair or rubbing my hands in my face. The groan is usually followed by an “aaargh, why can’t I just” or “Ooooh, get it together

2 Likes

I have Tourette’s, so I make loads of unusual nonsense sounds. Now that I’m an adult, I’ve mostly learned to suppress them when I’m around other people. Sometimes, though, I just can’t help myself. I’ll chirp or groan or beep and everyone will stare at me. My friends think it’s hilarious.

4 Likes

When I’m thinking about a problem I tend to talk out loud.

It’s usually not a problem, but I did have a lady ask me if I was okay in Walmart a few weeks ago. I said I was fine and thanked her for the concern.

2 Likes

Not sure but I do alot of mouth movements in public when thinking. Alot too.

@Ninjastar

At my last stay this nice lady with Tourettes let me sit and watch her and her friend play connect four all day. She was so sweet.

3 Likes

Yes, I do that any time I get an intrusive thought or a bad feeling. At the same time I will grasp an object like a pen or cup, or I’ll clench my fists.

Mine too noise, I wish I could vocalise it though

1 Like

I mostly channel my vocal impulses into physical movement that’s less conspicuous. I tap my legs, wiggle my fingers, and clench my fists. That way, I’m less disruptive in public. But when I’m just around my friends, I don’t bother. I will bounce, flap, chirp, and beep.

2 Likes

I do this a lot. Different noises too. Like a Tina groan from bobs burgers, usually very high pitched squeaks though.

Think it has to do with my ASD. It’s a tic for sure, it’s compulsive and I can’t control it.

I do it when I’m nervous/excited/anxious. It also helps me feel better.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.