Do your meds completely rid your symptoms of psychosis?

I feel like they do for me but I’m left with anxiety and slight mood disturbances which is annoying. I doubt it’s the abilify.

7 Likes

No. I’m told I’m delusional and hallucinating but I take my meds every day

3 Likes

i also suffer from anxiety and slight mood disturbances, and the meds leave me with little psychosis

2 Likes

No, I still get symptoms now and then

2 Likes

I think I lied I probably get paranoid ideation every now and then where I feel people have an extreme dislike for me other than that there’s no psychosis.

2 Likes

yes i also suffer from a little paranoia. sometimes i can’t tell if im hallucinating or if i’m actually hearing some things, but i dont know what to think about all that.

2 Likes

Yes completely, but I think it’s time as well. The first month I was full on psychotic on the meds, then the second got better but still heard voices. The third month minor symptoms and then the fourth it was gone.

2 Likes

Im not doctor but medications lessen the symptoms you have. Doesnt truly get rid of the feelings, dramatically lessens the feelings so thats good thing. I have issues i have deal with but im handling them pretty good right now. My counselor what blessing gave me grounding techniques to control my anxiety and paranoia to make feel in the present moment. If want to some techniques let me know.

1 Like

The meds have rid me of most of my symptoms… I still get paranoia sometimes

2 Likes

Positive symptoms 90% gone.

2 Likes

They just surface when I am really angry or really stressed.

1 Like

With the exception of a few multi-month cessation of the voices they have spoken every day since September, 1992.

1 Like

I feel like i am over my initial sz and now i am in a state of med dependence where i go mad without meds which may or may not be related to mental illness

1 Like

They put a hammer to my delusions. But I still hear voices.

1 Like

Not for me when it comes to head meds alone. Meds with Amyloban 3399 do get rid of 100% of positive symptoms when my stress load is low. My positives come back as stress is increased. I’m on about 40 mg/day of Geodon per day right now, 20mg in the morning and 20mg in the evening. Doc is about to cut that in half.

2 Likes

My meds pretty much got rid of all positive symptoms. Negative symptoms on the other hand are going quite strong.

3 Likes

My meds pretty much take care of all my MI symptoms although I get the occasional psychotic symptom here and there. I get no mood symptoms unless I’m stupid enough to mess around with THC products.

1 Like

yeah medication helps me.they take away my delusions and stress.but thet dont take away negatives.dyskinisia ,akathisia sometimes depression.im left with negatives.thats just the way it is.you win some you lose some.

2 Likes

Never have
Had long term delusions that lasted about 20 years before finally fading
Now I just get paranoid on the streets sometimes

1 Like

No, I still have delusions and voices

1 Like