Do you think you could actually handle it if your negative symptoms went away?

Like if Min-101 makes it to market and works as advertised for example.

I’m not sure I could unless it happened really really slowly. Suddenly having drives and desires but with cognitive defects could be a disaster. Or would it ? :thinking:

2 Likes

My negative symptoms went away with memantine. I’m studying to college entrance examination and looking for a job.

6 Likes

Wait, what? According to google

Memantine is used to treat moderate to severe Alzheimer’s disease

How did you get put on that? Can you explain more about the effect it had?

1 Like

Of course.

I read about a research made with memantine here in the forum. I handled the research to my pdoc. We agreed to use the medicine for the neg symptoms as off-label. The med just worked 15 days later.

I read this article: New Meta-Study: Memantine May Help as an add-on to antipsychotic treatment for residual negative and cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia

I even sent a message to @SzAdmin thanking him for the article.

5 Likes

The only thing I could ever do is make music. It doesn’t seem I have negative symptoms when it comes to making music, but I have it towards everything else.

1 Like

If min101 really is effective, the improvement WILL be slow, I am not worried about that aspect. Imagine there was a pill that suppressed negatives instantly… and if you skipped a dose you’d be back to square one lol :smile: emotional yoyo.

4 Likes

Maybe you should read about memantine. It took my negative symptoms away in 15 days (I mean, the whole improvement took around 4 months, but in 15 days I felt a huge difference).

3 Likes

Did you suffer anhedonia or flat affect before memantine? These are my problems now.

1 Like

Hahaha I DREAM that my problems will go away !
I wish it!
I salivate over it!

2 Likes

I suffered with flat affect, but not with anhedonia.

1 Like

I’m going to keep memantine in mind. Thanks. If you don’t mind me asking, what antipsychotic are you on?

1 Like

I’m on 20mg of aripiprazole (Aristab here in Brazil). I’m also taking 20mg of memantine, but I felt a huge effect with just 10mg.

4 Likes

Next year I may change my pdoc. I am lookinfg for someone more open minded. And maybe I will try memantine…

1 Like

I’m on aripiprazole too, 15mg. Thanks again.

1 Like

You’re welcome :blush:!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Would you mind to share what your negative symptoms were like before Memantine? If not, no worries.

1 Like

I remember that my negative symptoms were so strong that I wouldn’t answer people here on the forum. But with a lot of therapy I handled it and started to talk to people with no problems here on the forum.

Before memantine I would feel very afraid of going to Pilates for example. I didn’t want to talk to people. I didn’t want to go out home because I was afraid of meeting known people on the street.

I had a lot of avolition as well. Before memantine I would just handle avolition by doing a lot of effort. With memantine I feel like a normal guy.

But (there’s always a but) I still have some alogia. But memantine made my alogia a lot better, but I still feel I have some of it.

5 Likes

Thank you for your post!

1 Like

Hi brugluiz, I’m glad that you feel better. Have you tried Sarcosine? Or any other supplements?
I read on the other thread that you are going to talk with your doctor about Galantamine, have you done that?

1 Like

Hi, @Marya!

I talked to my doctor about Galantamine and Memantine combination, but he was not convinced by the article I gave him. He thinks that maybe in the future we can test it as off-label (as we did with memantine), but not yet (I think he wants to see if memantine is being stable for me).

I haven’t tried any supplement yet. I want to try sarcosine, l-theanine and N-acetilcistein.

1 Like