Do you think about work?

what i mean is, say you go to work, come home in the evening and then think about solutions or tasks to be done the next day at work? i never did this when i was working, but it surprised me how many of my fellow employees took the jobs home with them. i guess i never took any of my jobs that serious.

What do you mean? When I used to work I hanged out with friends after work. I also studied for school and then college. Family time too.

1 Like

i mean some people will go to work, clock out, and then come in the next day of work with solutions or ways to improve the way we do things at work. it’s not always management either, like my friend george at the golf course was always thinking of ways to do things better when he was off work.

1 Like

Oh I never did that. Working at work is enough for me lol I just do what I am asked to do at work, not more.

1 Like

yeah same here.

1 Like

if its complex then it tends to float around in your head more. even in your sleep.

1 Like

I think about work. I enjoy my job and make a point to go in early and ask my boss if there’s things she needs help with on my days off. Sunday before last I went in and we put together our new desk stations

My husband is in the Board of Directors, so we talk about the library a lot.

3 Likes

I used to think about work sometimes on my time off when I was contracted. Now I work as a temp and almost never think about work when I’m off the clock.

I guess the more responsibility people have the more they think about work on their time off. Like a lot bosses has to be very flexible and are never really totally off the clock.

1 Like

That’s me. I consider this normal.

2 Likes

I spend a lot of time looking at spreadsheets in the evening.

Always constantly making sure I am not making mistakes with finances now I am self-employed, as anything that goes wrong will hit my pocket, as I work to fixed price projects - unless there are genuine extras.

Too be honest I quite enjoy making sure that my money is being looked after, as no one else is going to do it, and I have the responsibility of my flat to consider.

When I worked in an office, I used to start early, and finish dead on 5:30pm.

Much of the evenings I was in a paranoid, anxious and stressed out state over the dealings I had with people, which really drove me into the ground.

So glad things are the way they are now. I also so far have earned more working less days, so all for the win.

2 Likes

No, I just go and do what they tell me.

Mopping floors and emptying wastebaskets is close to rocket science, but not quite.

3 Likes

When I coached a swim team I was always looking up new ways to do swim and land workouts, or better stroke techniques. I worked for a cool head coach tho who had us meet weekly to improve our coaching skills.

2 Likes

Thinking about work outside of work may give you an upper hand when it comes to pay raises and promotions. I never considered myself to be paid more or promoted so I leave work at work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.