Do you talk to yourself?

I talk all the time. I explain things to myself , I make jokes, I laugh etc

2 Likes

I talk as if my other part of the self doesn’t know what I am about to say

It’s very weird.

I talk a lot to myself too! You’re not alone :blush:

1 Like

Sometimes voices respond

I talk to Alien and Sarah, and to God and to myself. And sometimes Alien talks through me, uses my voice and then I talk back to him. Like a funny two sided conversation in monologue

1 Like

Yup, the high school friends that hang out in my head accuse me of bullcrap allegations ---- so naturally I answer back

1 Like

Yes. It’s great now that I’m wearing my mask in public it’s less obvious to others.

3 Likes

Yeah the mask is a lovely way to hide my moving mouth lol! :laughing:

2 Likes

I pretend to talk to mobile phone

1 Like

I used to talk to imaginary friends as old as my thirties.

1 Like

The voices talk through me as if im possessed.

1 Like

I had imaginary friends from age 11-22 and longer. They were pictures of famous people like Michael Jackson and Vincent van Gogh and Bach and Martin Luther. After age 22 I spoke to pictures of Jesus and Mary and St Therese of Lisieux.

When I became Muslim at age 27 it finally stopped. Fortunately I have my husband to talk to now, and God. And even so, I do talk a lot to myself and Alien and Sarah

2 Likes

My mind is always saying stuff to me, usually its just nervous talk, and bad things.

1 Like

No, I tend to ignore me except if I want to borrow money.

1 Like

I talk out loud to myself a bit. It’s usually derogatory and mean. It’s a product of the sz even on meds. I often say things like your an ass…well more brutal than that and don’t want to hit the filter…It can be a positive but rarer symptom. I think it is more for those who don’t hear voices but I’m not sure on the clinical side of it.

1 Like

I talk to myself all the time!

1 Like

I used to talk to myself a lot, but the anti-psychotics have really quelled that. It was almost like an impulse for me. I used to talk as if i were a different person having a conversation. I’m glad i don’t do it anymore. Can’t have been healthy.

1 Like

I have certain “Phrases” that i just have to say or they wont get out my head. Only when on my own tho.

my Neighbour bless her heart, talks to herself all the time - its her way of organising her thoughts. You know what shes doing for the day - before shes told you lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.